MediaMonks LA is looking for a mid-level Copywriter to conceptualize, write, pitch, and produce work for one of our coolest clients. If you associate as both concept developer and copy connoisseur, read on and sell us with your way with words!
- As a Copy Monk at MediaMonks, you’ll wield words, wisdom and wit on behalf of top-name clients who seek us for the creative production of their digital campaigns and social content.
- Develop concepts and copy for anything you could possibly throw at an integrated campaign: from taglines and TVC scripts to concepts for experiential installations and digital activations.
- Secure, shape, and sell the work through alliteration and other creative means, championing clarity over cleverness.
- Presenting and building client relationships is second nature to you.
- Help to bring in new assignments by creating pitch-winning proposals.
- Oversee copy for all projects in production, working with the team to verbalize ideas, iron out concepts, solve creative issues through words, and nail the copy.
- Creatively responsible for all key copy and campaign content including the writing of scripts.
- Ensure everything makes sense, is consistent and meets the brand’s objectives
- 4+ years professional copywriting experience in advertising and marketing is mandatory.
- You love gaming culture!
- You’re experienced in developing copy-based concepts with clever taglines and other creative copy.
- You can craft amazing copy out of thin air, based on briefs, and from drafts written by others.
- You combine creative writing with critical thinking; your analytical approach enables you to ask the right questions and waterproof ideas from a conceptual perspective.
- A strong portfolio showcasing your work across multiple formats (digital, video, social, etc.) is required.
- A strong perspective on what makes a great user experience — in an app, a book, or an appliance. Everything we create, from decks to billboards, is a product!
- Experience crafting brand voice, tone, and style guides ensuring consistent language across multiple touchpoints.
- An incredibly detail-oriented and organized person who never misses a period or an Oxford comma.
- An ability to adapt quickly and compromise with others without compromising our voice and integrity.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to clearly communicate concepts through mocks and decks when pitching work to stakeholders and directors.
- Ability to work under pressure of tight deadlines and changing priorities.
Life as a Monk
Working from our tree-house office on Abbott Kinney (currently remotely), you’ll be part and pencil of an international team that is dedicated to one of our most important clients. You’ll join a successful, bustling and super-fast-moving company creative people would kill to work for, operating as one team across locations with 2,500+ Monks and counting.
MediaMonks is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. The Company recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates, and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.