ERM is seeking a motivated Mid-Level Environmental Remediation Engineer,with a focus on remediation design, to join our consulting team in the Midwest. The ideal candidate would be located in Novi, MI, but high quality candidates based in the Milwaukee, WI and Chicago, IL areas will also be considered. The successful candidate will work on a variety of interesting site investigation and remediation projects at sites in the Midwest, and other US and global locations. Projects will include design and construction-related tasks associated with groundwater, sediment, soil, and vapor remediation – using in-situ and ex-situ remediation and treatment technologies. You may also have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, covering the full spectrum of ERM’s services. This is a great opportunity to work with ERM's technical experts to implement the latest investigation and remediation technologies.
- Contribute to the design of remedial solutions for contaminated soil, groundwater, sediment and vapor using innovative and emerging remedial treatment technologies as well as traditional systems.
- Manage multiple remediation projects within client’s scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Plan and oversee fieldwork, including remedial pilot tests and remedial system construction oversight.
- Support remedial system operations maintenance and monitoring activities.
- Provide field support as needed for design parameter development and during construction for oversight and Construction Quality Assurance purposes.
- Perform remediation design tasks including evaluating field data, performing calculations, estimating quantities and costs, and preparing design reports.
- Appropriately delegate project assignments to project team members and mentor junior staff.
- Prepare technical proposals and participate in business development with existing clients and identified leads.
- Maintain client relationships that generate repeat business.
- Build strong collaborative relationships with ERM employees, clients, and subcontractors.
- Bachelors in civil, chemical, environmental or geological engineering. Master’s in relevant field a plus.
- 3 to 8 years of experience in operation, maintenance and monitoring (OM&M), engineering design, and/or construction oversight. Candidates with 8 to 12 years of experience are also encouraged to apply.
- Experience performing design calculations and preparing design reports, construction drawings, technical specifications, and contract documents.
- Demonstrated project management and technical skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills.
- Strong commitment to safety, including following established Health and Safety protocols and a good driving record.
- Valid driver’s license.
- 40-hour HAZWOPER training preferred.
- Ability to succeed in a consulting pace, handling multiple project assignments, and maintaining flexibility, while meeting strict deadlines.
- EIT certification with ability to obtain PE preferred.
- Experience with AutoCAD (preferred).
Who We Are:
As the world’s leading sustainability consulting firm, ERM is uniquely positioned to contribute to the environment and society through the expertise and energy of our employees worldwide. Sustainability is what we do, and is at the heart of both our service offerings and how we operate our business. ERM and our partners are driven by a dynamic vision: By 2021 we will be the clear leader in our chosen markets, we will double in value and we will deliver on our promises to our clients, our people and our investors. For our people, our vision means attracting, inspiring, developing and rewarding our people to work with the best clients and on the biggest challenges, thus creating valuable careers. We achieve our vision in a sustainable manner by maintaining and living our ERM values that include Accountability, Caring for our People, Client Focus, Collaboration, Empowerment, and Transparency.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Qualified candidates will be contacted by email, and requested to complete a video questionnaire. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!