Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Mid-Level FOIA Analyst
Mid Level FOIA Analyst
PAE has an opportunity for a Mid Level FOIA Analyst to join our team on our Federal Government contract in NW Washington, DC.
Essential duties and responsibilities for the position include, but are not limited to:
- Perform initial analysis to determine validity of FOIA requests, evaluating for reasonableness and regulatory compliance, scope; fee issues, expedition, and negotiate amicable resolution of disputed matters.
- Acknowledge the incoming FOIA requests ensuring all pertinent issues have been accurately addressed.
- Ensure case files are organized in the standard format, and all electronic data is recorded, accurate and up-to-date, to ensure compliance with the data integrity provisions of the Office’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Perform analysis of requests and appeals of requests for expedition and fee waivers.
- Facilitate Discussions
- Review Responsive Records
- Redact Documents
- Annotate Records
- Review objections, prepare correspondence and submit for review
- Prepare for Litigation
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested
The Basic Qualifications for this position are as follows:
- Must possess and maintain a current, active, Secret security clearance
Minimum Experience, Education and Licensure:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 5 years’ experience performing FOIA analysis work
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Office suite
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of the team to effectively interact with personnel at all levels.
- Strong command of the English language both verbally and written
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Demonstrate a professional work ethic
- Ability to work independently and as a member of the team
- This position is performed in a traditional office environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects office equipment; use fingers and hands to type or write; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.