Requisition ID: 79610
• Perform piping system thermal flexibility analyses in accordance with ASME piping codes, standards and industry practices.
• Collaborate with designers, engineers, and the construction team to optimize pipe routing and support schemes.
• Develop schedules, work assignments and staffing requirements to ensure successful project completion.
• At least three-ten years’ power plant design experience with an emphasis in pipe stress and support
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, structural engineering, or equivalent engineering program from an ABET accredited four-year university
• Engineer-In-Training (EIT) certification required; Professional Engineering (PE) license preferred
• Proficient in basic computer programs including MS Word and Excel, web browsing and e-mail programs, ideally with experience utilizing AutoPipe (or equivalent) pipe stress analysis software
• Exceptional organization and communication skills
• Fast-paced office environment; must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management while simultaneously manage a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively; regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen; occasionally lift and move up objects up to 30 pounds.
• Travel in the U.S. and internationally (5-15%).
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Overland Park
Nearest Secondary Market: Kansas City
Job Segment:Engineer, Construction, Thermal Engineering, Mechanical Engineer, Wastewater, Engineering