Join the INTERACTIVE BROKERS Team!
Interactive Brokers has been at the forefront of the Fintech space for over 40 years and we pride ourselves on being a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers.
Interactive Brokers is seeking a Java Software Developer for our Web Development Group to participate in all phases of the development cycle for our customer facing systems.
We are looking for someone who will:
- Design, develop, maintain web-based applications and programs for our online brokerage services.
- Maintain large-multi-tiered web applications to support our customer registration and account management systems.
- The design, development, support of Oracle database schemas, PL/SQL packages, scheduled batch processing, Java applications and servers.
You will need to have:
- A master’s degree in computer science or related field
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in Java technologies (Java Servlets and JSP)
- Knowledge of SQL, Database design, PL/SQL, Object-Oriented Programming and Java
- Deep functional knowledge or hands on design experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc.)
- Exposure to jQuery, JSON, AJAX fundamentals
- Experience designing single page applications using frameworks like AngularJS
- Exposure to UNIX/Linux
- Strong fundamental knowledge of SQL and relational database design
Qualities we’d love to see:
- Attention to details
- Fast learners
- Self-motivated and directed individuals
- A desire and aptitude for solving complex problems
- Highly analytical people
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonuses, and annual stock grants
- Daily company paid lunch
- 401k with company match
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Newly renovated offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups
- Team outings and dinners
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (IEX: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Hungary, Estonia, Russia, India, Hong Kong, China, Japan and Australia.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Curious about our what it's like to work at IBKR? Click the HERE to view a short message from current employees (if hyperlink is deactivated please copy https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899 to your browser).
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info
Senior Web Developer