Mid to Sr. Acquisition /Contract Specialist (SAS)
Active Secret Clearance
GS 11, 12, 13
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES for the Mid to Sr. Acquisition Specialist (SAS):
Pre-Award Acquisition Support:
The Contractor shall provide high quality technical writing and project management advisory assistance for the procurement. These services shall include, but not be limited to:
· General acquisition-related activities, including but not limited to the following:
Producing, in close coordination with client, acquisition-related documentation potentially including, but not limited to:
An Acquisition Plan that includes a work breakdown structure, risk matrix, and risk mitigation strategies, an IGCE, various sections of the solicitation package (e.g., scope of services, performance work statement, statement of objectives, transition plan, instructions to the offeror, and evaluation criteria), a Quality Assurance Surveillance Plan, proposal instructions, a Source Selection Evaluation Plan and a Technical Evaluation Report.
· Establishing a roll-out strategy or plan for approval by the Office Director .
· Pre-solicitation activities, including but not limited to the following:
1. Coordinating and meeting with the COR/GTM, Program Offices and working group to understand and collect technical data needed to produce an Acquisition Plan and provide appropriate recommendations;
2. Coordinating and attending meetings with other Department stakeholders and others that might provide technical information in support of the effort;
3. Travel for fact finding and evaluation of services required.
4. Gathering and consolidating information to prepare and coordinate clearance on information/action memorandums;
5. Participating in sessions with and capturing requirements from customer focus team
6. Coordinating with and assisting client in the development of acquisition milestones;
7. Conducting market research analysis to use for strategy development; and
8. Conducting cost analysis with direct insight from the COR/GTM or working group in order to prepare the IGCE.
· Source Selection activities, including but not limited to the following:
Providing advisory assistance to the Technical Evaluation Team (TET);
Assisting in the response to vendor questions related to the solicitation package;
Participating as an advisor and non-voting member on the TET; and
Assisting in the preparation of the TET report.
Post-Award and Contract Closeout Acquisition Support:
The Contractor shall assist in performing quality assurance surveillance functions and support the CORs and GTMs, as required, by providing consultation, guidance, and documentation in all areas of the acquisition post-award phase. These services shall include, but not be limited to:
· Performing quality assurance surveillance functions;
· Reviewing invoices and advise CORs and GTMs of any discrepancies;
· Reviewing deliverables to ensure they conform to the deliverables indicated on the contracts;
· Organizing periodic meetings with the CORs, GTMs, and other stakeholders.
· Providing guidance and consultation on physically and administratively contract closeout requirements. Performing compliant administrative closeout tasks as required including review of technical requirements, performance assessments, invoice registries, and deliverable schedules, financial documentation.
· Working with vendors in negotiation of any outstanding claims or change orders;
· Assisting with reconcilement of unliquidated funds or obligations and the processing of modifications for de-obligations; and
· Assisting in preparation of final reports.
· Assist with Developing procurement SOPs
· Maintain Contract data base for CA Contracts
· Maintaining/updating an Intranet site for Procurement Information (Templates, POC’s, SOP’s)
· Advising on Policy changes
· Conduct analytical studies on best procurement practices
· Contract file reviews
· Site visits for contract compliance and analytical studies.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
· Knowledge and Proficient with Microsoft software/applications.
· Excellent organizational, communication and writing skills leading mid to large service support procurements, developing source selection plans, and complex acquisitions schedules.
· Developing contract procurement documents for mid to large service support contracts. Documents include, but not limited to: acquisitions schedules, SOW's, PWS's, technical evaluation criteria, justifications for full and open competition, IGCE's, and determinations and findings.
· Providing source selection advice, supporting Technical Evaluation Teams (as either a voting or non-voting member), and drafting technical evaluation reports.
· Exemplary communication skills- crisp and articulate verbal skills in addition to effective written communication required
· Demonstrated success in taking a consultative approach with internal and external clients while providing business solutions
· Advising senior level management on acquisitions related subjects and liaising with contracting officer
Knowledge of FAR
Active Secret Clearance