Cornerstone Environmental, Health and Safety, Inc. is continuing to expand our Air Compliance program area and has an immediate opening for an Air Compliance Project Manager/Consultant.
Since 1990, we have served a rapidly growing, diverse client base and have earned a reputation for providing exceptional service. Cornerstone specializes in assisting industrial and manufacturing clients throughout North America, Europe and eastern Asia with environmental and safety regulatory compliance requirements as well as sustainability services and quality system development and implementation.
Headquartered in Zionsville (on the Northwest side of Indianapolis), Cornerstone is a well-established, financially stable organization which provides associates with excellent opportunities for professional growth and development. We offer a terrific working environment and are seeking a candidate with a positive attitude and the ability to work as part of a team with other staff members. The successful candidate will become part of a technical staff working with clients located primarily in Indiana and surrounding states.
- Consult with clients on air permitting and compliance issues, as well as other regulatory requirements
- Preparation and submittal of air permit applications to agencies
- Work with clients on timing and strategy of production and control equipment installation
- Setup and maintain client records with regard to ongoing air permit compliance
- Negotiating permit conditions with regulatory agencies
Requirements (must have):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher is required from an accredited college or university (typical degrees for this position include Industrial Technology, Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Environmental Sciences or similar area of study)
- This is a Mid to Sr. level position requiring 6-10+ years of relevant experience in environmental air compliance consulting or industry working in the focus areas as described above
- Strong background in air permitting and compliance
- Good organizational skills, and a goal-oriented approach to task completion
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to track and manage project time efficiently
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office
- Experience interacting with governmental agencies, at the state and Federal level
- Working knowledge of state and federal environmental regulations, and the ability to research and understand environmental regulations and apply them to client situations
- Experience with Title V permitting, NSR, NESHAPs, PSD and stack testing
- Ability to audit various manufacturing operations to determine air compliance status
- Ability to calculate potential and actual emissions for various industries to determine Federal and/or state air permitting requirements
- Prepare a complete and thorough air permit application for any level of air permitting in any state
- Analyze and summarize air permit requirements and communicate to client in a clear and concise manner
- Represent clients and assist in agency negotiations in enforcement actions
- Experience completing various compliance reporting requirements such as Emissions Reports, Annual Compliance Certifications, and NESHAP reports
- Experience completing various written plans (PMP, RMP, ERP)
- Air modeling experience is a plus
- Ability to assist in QC and mentoring of other department staff
Compensation is competitive and is commensurate with experience. Additionally, consideration will be given for flexible work schedule (hours/days).
Please note: This position does not include selling as a part of its responsibilities since Cornerstone has a separate, dedicated sales staff.
Qualified individuals with an interest in joining a fast-paced, growing organization may forward resumes in confidence via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Air Compliance Project Manager/Consultant” as the subject (resumes should be attached in PDF or MS Word format) or by clicking the "Easy Apply" link on this page.