- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Orono Middle School
- Description: GUIDANCE COUNSELOR - TEMPORARY AND PART-TIME (.5 FTE)
- January 2, 2020 through February 28, 2020
- 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. daily.
- Teach one class period of 8th grade Academic Planing daily
- Work collaboratively with team members to support the academic, social and emotional growth of middle level learners.
- Communicate frequently with parents, colleagues, students, and administrators through all available means of technology.
- Establish and maintain high standards for character growth.
Bargaining Group and Level: Orono Education Association/Teachers
- Current Minnesota K-12 Guidance and Counseling License required.
- High level of content expertise required.
- Demonstrated ability to support critical thinking in meaningful discourse in the content area.
- Experience working with middle level students preferred.
- Effective classroom management skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in collaboration and problem-solving.
- Experience with curriculum and assessment design.
- Understanding of the role of parent involvement and the ability to collaborate with parents.
- Ability to use technology as an instructional tool.
All applicants must apply online at: http://bit.ly/oronojobs
or www.orono.k12.mn.us >> District Office >> Human Resources
District Website: www.orono.k12.mn.us
Dr. Patricia Wroten, Middle School Principal
Dr. Scott E. Alger, Director of Human Resources