The IT&S Midstream Service Line Owner is an experienced professional who manages the enterprise offerings for the BPX Energy Midstream business unit.BPX Energy has midstream assets across the Eagle Ford and Permian basins including pipelines, central delivery point facilities and other field-based assets.This role is designed to support the operational and commercial aspects of our midstream function by understanding the technical needs of our business and enabling value-add tools and technologies.
This individual is responsible for leveraging outcome-focused means to enable the organization's future-state business capabilities, which can enable or alter business processes or practices that, in turn, drive the organization's targeted business objectives.
Successful candidates must be capable of practically applying existing, new, and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operating models. Conversely, they must be able to understand, monetize and operationalize new technologies.
This individual is responsible for facilitating the construction of business models, which may include business capabilities, functions and processes and organization design, as well as working collaboratively with business strategists, process owners and subject matter experts.
The role focuses on business strategy and targeted business outcomes — clarifying strategic intentions; identifying business outcomes; exploring implications, impacts and risks; and addressing stakeholder questions.
- Define a clear roadmap and system portfolio governance for ensuring midstream needs are fulfilled by the appropriate software and data.
- Collaborate with stakeholders with focus on customer experience (includes service offerings, third-party partnerships, marketing, training, opportunity evaluation, portfolio tracking, and capability offerings).
- Explore and improves how employees engage with enterprise applications and platforms as well as with customers and business partners.
- Work with IT Leadership and key organizational stakeholders to define a strategic plan for maintaining the health of the midstream platform.
- Conduct service reviews with management and the wider IT organization on reporting project status, issues, risks and benefits.
- Assess near-term needs, using structured interview processes, to establish business priorities. Consult with technical subject matter experts, and develop alternative technical solutions. Advise on options, risks, costs versus benefits, and impact on other business processes and system priorities.
- Facilitate development of cross-functional solutions that combine knowledge of particular business processes and issues, general technological options, and process facilitation techniques.
- Develop metrics that allow the organization to gauge the success of its digital workplace investments. Ensures that this data is collected, analyzed, tracked, communicated using performance scorecards, and acted upon.
- Support business and technology innovation that drives change to the bottom lines
- Bachelor's degree in business, information systems, petroleum engineering or related discipline, or equivalent and extensive related project experience
Essential experience and job requirements
- Five to eight years of business or IT experience with a direct responsibility for strategy formulation and/or translation, business analytics, and program management
- Strong communicator who can explain complex technical concepts to both IT management and business stakeholders in a consumable fashion
- Management experience in one or more of the following areas: strategic planning, leadership, business relationship management and business process management
- Experience in operationalizing technology offerings
- Skilled in structured and unstructured corporate communication including stakeholder management
- Passionate self-motivator that thrives on results
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
- Up to 25% travel
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Experience with midstream software and control room applications
- DNV GL Synergi, Rockwell FactoryTalk, OLGA, AMS Suite, Pipesim, Windrock
- Services-first versus applications-first mindset
- Team player, organizationally savvy, facilitator and works well with others
- Remains unbiased, specific technology- and vendor-neutral — more interested in results than personal preferences
- Experience in managed service vendor management
- Motivated by long-term results and achieving targeted business outcomes
Yes - up to 25%
Is this a part time position?
BP's US Lower 48 (L48) Onshore business operates across a vast US geography, from Texas north through the Rocky Mountains. The business manages a diverse portfolio which includes an extensive unconventional resource base of about 7.5 billion barrels of oil equivalent across 5.5 million gross acres in some of the largest and most well-known basins in the US. Headquartered in Houston (Texas), L48 employs about 1,700 people across six states, operates more than 9,600 producing wells and has 70,000 royalty owners. Our vision is to be the most respected and admired oil and gas company in the Lower 48 US states.
Our Wyoming operations are anchored on the giant Wamsutter tight gas field in the south central part of the state. In the San Juan area of Colorado and New Mexico we produce from tight gas sands and operate the largest coal-bed methane field in the US. Our Mid-Continent operations cover the prolific Anadarko, and is home to the famed East Texas basin, along with the Woodford shale gas play and Arkoma basin. We also have non-operating interests in over 10,000 wells across the US with substantial positions in both the Eagle Ford and Fayetteville shale basins.
In 2015, the L48 Onshore is being established as a separate business within BP’s Upstream to manage its onshore oil and gas assets across the US onshore. This effort is being undertaken to improve competitiveness and help L48 remain at the forefront of innovation and development of technologies for unconventional resources.
DisclaimerIf you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½” scalp, or > 2 cm/¾” body – arms & armpits/legs/chest).
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
If you are a US-based applicant or you are applying to a position in the US and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran, and would like any type of assistance to apply or to access or to attend any recruitment or selection event, system or process, we would like to help you to ensure that your application process goes as smoothly as possible. If you need assistance, information, or answers to your questions, feel free to contact us or have any of your representatives contact us at BP US Application Assistance BPUSApplicationAssis@bp.com,Telephone: 281.366.1999.
Read the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster for more information about Equal Employment Opportunities. (Spanish version)
An equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.
If you are applying for a position in the United States, you must be at least 18 years of age, legally authorized to work in the United States; and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., TN, H1B status), now or in the future.