What makes your clinical career greater with Prospero Health (a UnitedHealth Group affiliate)? You can improve the health of others and help heal the health care system. You can work with in an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
Positions in Prospero Health are part of an interdisciplinary care team of palliative care providers to support patients facing serious illness, including their families and care givers.
In this role, you will have overall accountability for clinical outcomes of the program in the market/region and may serve as the clinical lead for an interdisciplinary care team, responsible for ensuring the highest quality delivery of home - based palliative care to people with serious illness and their families. You will supervise physicians within your state in addition to working with advanced practice and registered nurses, social workers and administrative team members to provide and coordinate medical care with the patient’s community physicians. Each Regional Medical Director will serve on Prospero Health’s Physician Council where you will provide support and direction for clinician recruitment, training, and deployment of a value - driven workforce aligned with Prospero Health Vision and Mission. The Physician Council may designate members as primary owner of specific areas of responsibility within a specific scope.
This is a flexible, team - based role that creates enormous satisfaction as you impact the care and quality of life of our aging population. All the while, you'll be building meaningful relationships with patients, their families, and providers involved in the patient’s care to maximize value for some of the most vulnerable individuals in healthcare.
- Overall accountability for clinical outcomes of the program in the market / region, including hospital admission reduction, clinically appropriate hospice utilization, and appropriate risk stratification of patients
- Serve as a member of the Prospero Health Physician Council, including taking primary responsibility for some specific areas of responsibility within a specific scope
- Administrative and clinical supervision for other palliative care physicians in the assigned market/region as indicated
- Establish collaborative relationships through outreach with primary care physicians and other community providers and specialists, to provide the best care possible that results in a cohesive coordinated approach to optimal care for each patient
- Provide oversight for an interdisciplinary care team providing home - based palliative care for patients in their homes as necessary
- Perform palliative care consultations in person and using telemedicine
- In partnership with other physician leaders, develop education plans, prepare curriculum and present on educational topics such as serious illness communication, advanced illness management and symptom management, among others
- Provide administrative and clinical guidance and support to the care team to ensure quality outcomes for patients and families and ensure clinicians are operating at the top of their licensure
- Periodically review and approve care team clinical documentation and orders, and provide coaching feedback for areas of clinical competency and accuracy
- Provides medical oversight for advance practice nurses
- Leads physician engagement strategies within the market / region, and interface with local physician and health system networks to support referral management and patient engagement
- Be part of an after - hours care team support system for patients to prevent unnecessary or avoidable hospitalizations and ED visits
- Provide clinical leadership for local health plan partnerships, including the ability to define patient outcomes, share patient experience and work through clinical and operational challenges
- Works with local and national leadership to develop and implement leading indicator metrics to assess and optimize program outcomes with respect to quality, cost, patient satisfaction and enrollment targets
- In partnership with market, regional and national business leadership, provide market - level input to advance our perspective on the effectiveness and efficacy of the clinical model, in particular in supporting local market needs
- Provide rotational on - call coverage after hours with other regional physicians for care escalation
- Support performance improvement projects, as identified
- Participates in clinical leadership and health plan partnership meetings
- Other administrative duties, as assigned
- Valid, unrestricted license to practice medicine in the state
- Ability to obtain DEA licensure / Prescriptive Authority post - hire in states where applicable
- Board Eligible or Certified in Geriatrics or Hospice Palliative Medicine (HPM)
- Clinical background in adult, family or geriatric specialties with experience managing medically complex patients with serious illness
- Supervisory experience hiring and developing physician leaders
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary care team to coordinate patient care
- Post - Graduate Masters in Public Health or Healthcare Administration
Careers with Prospero Health. Here's the idea. UnitedHealth Group has built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Prospero Health, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Prospero Health, incredible passion to serve together with the best tools and resources to help our patients live their best life now.