|Title||Midwest & Southern Underwriting Associate, CPF|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Description||GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION|
The Midwest & Southern Underwriting Associate, CPF is responsible for underwriting individual loans and assisting in the monitoring and control of individual loan portfolios. The MW & S Underwriting Associate is responsible for ensuring the loans are underwritten and structured in accordance with loan and credit policies. The MW & S Underwriting Associate supports the loan production teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ensure loans are in compliance with applicable credit & underwriting policies. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
2. Research market data and collect borrower and project information as requested by Director, Underwriting. This duty is performed daily, about 25% of the time.
3. Complete credit approval memos. This duty is performed daily, about 35% of the time.
4. Provide guidance and support on loan structure to loan production team. This duty is performed daily, about 20% of the time.
5. Conduct on-site inspections, borrower meetings, borrower and legal calls as appropriate and coordinate with various vendors. This duty is performed daily, about 15% of the time.
6. Completes required BSA/AML training and other compliance training as assigned. This duty is performed annually.
7. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
8. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to a four year college degree, plus 2 years related experience and/or training, and 2 years related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and understand common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents; Ability to respond to complex or difficult inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of known variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram formats.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
Advanced: Contact Management, Spreadsheet, Word Processing/Typing
Normal working conditions as found within an office setting, wherein there is controlled temperature and a low noise level, plus a minimum of distractions.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
Highly repetitive, low physical. Highly repetitive type of work which requires concentration in the performance of tasks for consistent time cycles as prescribed by the tasks.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk or hear; and occasionally required to stand, walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Required - 2 Years in commercial credit management or 2 Years in commercial credit structuring (including complex C&I and CRE structures)
Preference for candidates with prior loan origination, loan structuring/restructuring/workout, credit structuring and client negotiation experience