. Desired Qualifications: The Milestone Focus Team Member / Milestone Manager is a key member of the Southern Nuclear field construction management team who is dedicated to ensuring project success in achieving project performance objectives plus on-schedule and budget major milestone accomplishment. Milestone Focus Team members interact frequently and directly with Vogtle 3&4 construction contractors at the Area Manager / General Superintendent / Superintendent levels in order to help those construction leaders succeed. The MFT also interacts directly with the system completions team to help ensure success in turning systems over to the site testing team. The MFT members have a high level of initiative and are typically assigned to small teams that support site and nuclear construction accomplishment on both Plant Vogtle Units 3&4 to include back shift.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Minimum Requirements:
- Capable of acquiring and maintaining Nuclear Project clearance.
- Thorough understanding of construction management and project management.
- Thorough knowledge of construction scheduling, document control, and records requirement.
- Experience and skill in identifying problem areas, investigating alternative solutions, and determining solutions with appropriate paths forward in a dynamic and fast-paced construction environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with experience preparing clear, concise and impactful reports.
- Knowledge of construction practices, construction field management, Field Engineering, construction scheduling and Area Manager Responsibilities.
- Strong Familiarity with Standard Work Process Procedures.
- Experience with Nuclear or other major construction including Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Welding, HVAC, Fire Protection, Instrumentation and Control.
- Experience with system and/or component functional testing and turnover to commissioning.
- Project Management Professional training and certifications are a plus
Education and Experience: Position typically requires a recognized degree in engineering, or construction, or specialized courses in project management and a minimum of eight years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.