The Undersea Technology Analysis Group within SPA supports the Navy and other government organizations with timely and objective capability assessments, technology evaluations, and strategic planning that integrate the technical, operational, programmatic, policy, and business aspects of undersea warfare (USW) and broader Navy issues. UTAG provides mature, turnkey products that reflect all of the factors important to decision makers. Our clients are Flag Officers/Senior Executives and others who require robustly integrated support.
Study USW force capabilities and operational concepts, and to assist with developing and furthering future capability plans. Utilize research, analysis, modeling, and other approaches to provide UTAG’s clients with timely and objective information to enable decision-making regarding future USW force capabilities and evolving operational concepts.
• Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, National Security Studies, International Affairs, Public Policy, Military History, Engineering.
• 3-5 years of relevant professional experience.
• Qualification Nuclear Engineer Officer.
• Possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to summarize and communicate complex ideas and analytical findings to a variety of stakeholder audiences.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Must be effective and comfortable working both independently and in a collaborative group environment.
• Active Security clearance.
• Demonstrated strong skill sets in research, writing, critical thinking, and analysis.
• Master’s degree.
• Understanding of national security topics through education and/or experience.
• Previous experience as a submarine officer.
• Top Secret clearance is highly desirable