Military Veteran Telecommunication Tower Technician Apprentice
(No Experience Required)
Adaptive Construction Solutions (ACS) is looking for military veterans who believe they have what it takes to earn their place as a professional tower technician in the telecommunication industry. The nation’s telecommunication companies are rapidly updating their towers to the latest technology. Upon placement into a full-time job, veterans participate in an apprenticeship program that provides industry recognized credentials to sustain a stable career.
Apprenticeship programs provide apprentices the opportunity to progress from an entry-level position to journey-level status through a combination of related technical instruction and on-the-job training while being employed from the commencement. In addition to earning competitive wages, while learning a skilled trade, veterans may apply to receive a tax-free monthly housing allowance from their GI Bill benefits.
ACS is a veteran owned and operated organization committed to enhancing lives through in demand careers. ACS is a sponsor of a Department of Labor Registered Apprenticeship program for multiple occupations.
Initial training located in Houston, TX.
Relocation cost not provided.
Position requires traveling
Why Should You Apply?
- Full-time job with employer sponsored training
- Competitive wages with incremental pay increases
- Eligible to receive GI Bill monthly housing allowance in addition to wages
- Opportunities for growth in a skilled trade
- Veteran preference
Starting at $16.00+ per hour during orientation and training with incremental wage increases as competencies are achieved, veterans are eligible to apply for a monthly housing allowance as part of their GI Bill Benefits. Traveling workers are eligible for per diem in addition to other employer benefits.
Role of Telecommunication Tower Technician
Repair, install or maintain mobile or stationary radio transmitting, broadcasting, and receiving equipment, and two-way radio communications systems used in cellular telecommunications, mobile broadband, ship-to-shore, aircraft-to-ground communications, and radio equipment in service and emergency vehicles. May test and analyze network coverage.
As one may expect, construction is performed in physically demanding and dangerous conditions. These include but are not limited to extreme heights, confined spaces, cold winters and hot summers. As a result, workers must be willing to work in austere (strict) safety conditions.
Candidate Requirements (no experience required)
- Ability to work in and promote a drug free environment
- Able to carry 50/60lbs of equipment and lift 100lbs
- Willingness to work at extreme heights (300+ feet) and in confined spaces
- Be reliable and practice good attendance
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Provide references attesting to a good work history
- Have completed high school or earned an equivalent
- Willingness to submit to drug screening, physical and background check
- Preference is provided to applicants who have served in the Armed Forces
If you are interested and meet the requirements, please complete application.