Commercial Metals Company is currently seeking an Industrial Mechanic to work in the Mill Services department of the Rolling Mill. This is a technical position for an employee possessing a safety first attitude, working knowledge of mechanical equipment, the ability to read mechanical drawings and organize their workspace for exceptional customer service. Under the direction of the Mill Services Foreman, the Industrial Mechanic does preventative maintenance on our Rolling Mill Stands and repairs to OEM specifications.
This position works an 8hr day shift schedule. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career, this is the job for you!
CMC offers training and development opportunities for employees to acquire and enhance new skills and knowledge. Advancement and relocation opportunities are also available for those who have the desire for professional growth. CMC’s competitive compensation and generous benefits package includes: medical, dental, vision, company paid life and disability, company matching 401(k) plan, employee stock purchase plan, and paid time off.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- • Manage the Preventative Maintenance Backlog for the Rolling Mill Equipment.
• Rebuild Rolling Mill equipment to OEM specifications using an inventory of spares, hand tools, and outside vendors when necessary.
• Understand mechanical prints to determine assemblies and tolerances for quality rebuilds.
• Sustain proficiency with measuring equipment and techniques (micrometers, calipers, protractors, etc) and use these tools and techniques in building, changing, and maintaining stands and guide boxes.
• Sustain proficiency in teaching and using all other equipment and tools (crane rigging and operations; torch, welder, grinder, pneumatic tools, and hydraulic tools/equipment) to maintain effective Rolling Mill operations.
• Recommend or refine crew recommendations for equipment, systems and process ideas that support continuous improvements regarding safety, equipment preservation, reduced non-value-added production time, conversion cost reductions, or in any other way that makes improvement in the Rolling Mill.
Experience and Skill Requirements
- • One year field experience in mechanical and manufacturing environment is preferred.
• Strong safety mindset and leadership.
• Great organizational skills, with attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
• Knowledge of gearbox rebuilds-bearing fits/clearances, gear/shaft alignment, and fastening devices.
• Experience in Forklift, Crane, or operating heavy machinery a preferred.
• Ability to utilize precision measurement instruments.
• Mechanical, hydraulic, analytical, and planning skills.
• Welding and light fabrication experience is preferred.
• Ability to read and interpret Mechanical drawings.
• Basic computer skills required.
• Willing to learn; enjoys tackling new challenges.
• Is organized and shows attention to detail.
• Demonstrates dependability in attendance, work completion, and flexibility to meet business needs.
• Works well with team members or independently; gives and receives feedback in a constructive manner.
• Makes timely and sound decisions; uses resources wisely.
• Displays a positive, can-do attitude; maintains composure when faced with difficult situations.
• Must be able to frequently lift up to 25 lbs., and occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
• Push and pull up to 90 lbs. and carry 50 lbs.
• Ability to work with exposure to inside and outside temperatures, loud noise, heights, and confined spaces.
• Must be able to work an 8 hour shift, which include overtime, weekends and some holidays.
- High School Diploma or GED required.