Celebrating its 80th year as an industrial technology leader, Kennametal Inc. delivers productivity to customers through materials science, tooling and wear-resistant solutions. Customers across aerospace, earthworks, energy, general engineering and transportation turn to Kennametal to help them manufacture with precision and efficiency. Every day approximately 10,000 employees are helping customers in more than 60 countries stay competitive. Kennametal generated nearly $2.4 billion in revenues in fiscal 2018. Learn more at www.kennametal.com.
Turn/Mill Machinist II on 2nd Shift - Solon, OH.
Hours: 2:45 PM - 10:45 PM, Daily and weekend overtime may be required
Under the direction of the Supervisor, Manufacturing:
- Set up and operate all related equipment and hand tools
- Move all materials, either physically or mechanically, necessary to complete assignments
- Perform inspection of machined products
- Remove burrs and sharp edges from work piece using file or hand grinder
- Perform program edits and/or changes as required
- All employees are expected to:
- Adhere to and follow all company safety policies and procedures to assure commitment to 100% safe work
- Support the Lean Enterprise/25 Keys initiatives and continuously strive to improve Customer satisfaction through
- improved quality, reduction in waste and improved productivity.
- Perform tasks in a quality manner to meet external and internal Customer specifications and requirements.
- Perform in a flexible and cooperative manner toward team objectives and the goals of the company.
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with those you come in contact with in all matters.
- Complete all necessary documentation, electronic data entries and communications accurately and timely.
- Maintain regular attendance and perform duties in a timely manner, arriving and departing for assignments and
- meetings as required.
- Be aware of all standard procedures and practices associated with the position and work to maintain compliance.
- High School diploma or GED
- 2 years manufacturing experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of manual and NC controlled lathes with the ability to select appropriate manufacturing methods, tooling, feeds, and speeds: set-up and operation
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read blueprints and follow routers
- Ability to read and understand operating procedures
- Ability to perform basic shop math
- Ability to edit and troubleshoot CNC programs
- Trade School Certificate Preferred
- Successful completion of the TITANS of CNC Academy Building Blocks Series is preferred
Kennametal is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran www.kennametal.com
Equal Opportunity Employer