JOB SCOPE/ SUMMARY:
- Maintain safe manufacturing of quality coatings through addition of chemicals and pigments from a formula ticket
- Coordinate the accurate operation of pump controls, gate valves and a compactor
- Posses a thorough understanding of the specific functions of all plumbing valves and pump controls in the milling and filling operations in order to route product through the plant properly.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Perform quality control tests on all products including viscosity, draw down, temperature and WPG.
- Coordinate the bailing recycled super sacks in compactor.
- Opening 55-gallon drums with use of pliers and wrench.
- Perform the filling of 5-6 gallon pails with liquids from semi-bulk totes.
- Maintain the proper use of a hand held scanner in order to record inventory movements.
- Maintain accurate records of inventory movements, formula adjustments and reports.
- Know and maintain the use of computer controlled automations systems for delivery of raw materials and operations of milling equipment.
Educational attainment equivalent to high school graduation, supplemented by extensive milling experience
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES RECOMMENDED FOR POSITION:
- Thorough understanding of chemicals used in paint making including, functionality and hazards
- Knowledge of safety procedure as well as applicable OSHA, DOT and environmental rules and regulations
- Ability to plan, organize, and complete assignments in a timely manner
- Ability to communicate with others, both verbally and written
- Maintain professional relationships with all levels of management and outside vendors.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations including fractions, decimals, and percentages
- Thorough knowledge of measures of weight, volume and conversion methods
- Ability to read and write the English Language
- Computer Skills
Operate a forklift
Behr Process Corporation
Shift 3 (United States of America)
Masco Corporation (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and we want to have the best available persons in every job. The Company makes employment decisions only based on merit. It is the Company’s policy to prohibit discrimination in any employment opportunity (including but not limited to recruitment, employment, promotion, salary increases, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment) based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical/mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, height, weight or any other such characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company regardless of where the employee is located and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company.
Masco Corporation is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.