The LFS Group is looking for Millwork Laborers to run molding and trim. We are looking to hire candidates immediately for a project that we anticipate lasting another Six (6) weeks.
PLEASE NOTE: We only use electronic timesheets to record hours worked and a smartphone with a data plan is required for each employee to utilize our App, send messages and answer any checkout questions required before clocking out at the end of the shift.
Face masks are required to be worn at all times by our client while on the property. Disposable face masks will be provided. Non-contact temperature checks (forehead) are required. Anyone with a fever or any symptoms of sickness will be sent home.
Duties and Responsibilities May Include:
- Cutting and shaping wooden components using saws, planers, and sanders
- Assemble wooden components to form structures using jointers and nail guns
- Carry out the scribing of moldings to allow for proper fitting on even or uneven surfaces
- Perform the levelling and trimming of doors and windows using implements such as power sanders and planers
- Carry out the construction of cabinets and built-in bookshelves
- Install crown moldings and trim for doors, windows, and baseboards
- Fabricate customized woodworks that serve as accessories necessary for the finishing of a carpentry structure
- Take measurements of wood materials to establish suitable dimensions for a finishing project
- Install add-ons such as door knobs, hinges, and handles onto finished structures.
- This is a physically demanding job that requires a high level of energy and a sense of urgency. You must be able to consistently push, pull, lift, and carry up to 40 pounds throughout the shift.
- You will also be required to stoop, squat, walk, and stand throughout your shift, and you will be required to climb stairs and step ladders.
- You will follow all OSHA regulations, as required by law to safely perform your duties.
- Experience with hand and power tools
- Some carpentry experience is needed (at least a year preferred)
- Courteous, polite, and professional, with good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Flexibility to work a changing work schedule, based on the needs of the client
- Reliable Transportation (car, appropriate insurance, valid driver license) in accordance with state laws, to report to assigned locations as scheduled
The LFS Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.