Position Title: Millwright/ General Mechanic
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Location: Macon, GA
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child’s cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We’re one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world’s most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry’s best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we’d love to hear from you. Learn more about us atwww.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
This is a journey-level millwright position requiring strong mechanic skills. This position is responsible for troubleshooting and servicing all production and support equipment within the facility in a safe and efficient manner while ensuring minimal downtime. This position will work closely with Operations and the Mechanical Maintenance Team to provide maximum facility support.
- Troubleshooting and servicing all production and support equipment within the facility in a safe and efficient manner while ensuring minimal downtime.
- Provides technical support by operating a variety of equipment in locating and determining types of mechanical malfunctions within the mill.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, tables, charts, formulas, and equipment instruction manuals; align equipment to specified tolerances; good knowledge of metallurgy and other materials for fabrication processes; troubleshoot and repair mechanical equipment including centrifugal pumps, gearboxes, fans, and agitators; be proficient in burning and welding techniques.
- Capability of working in a physically intense environment. Ability to lift up to 74 pounds. This position requires frequent standing, walking, bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, and climbing.
POSITION SPECIFICATIONS: Commitment to safety and quality
- Ability to read and interrupt blueprints and schematics
- Computer literacy Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Good communication skills - verbal and written
- The ability to work independently and in a team environment by receiving and completing work orders; gathering tools and supplies to complete the work assigned
- Willing to update job knowledge thru participation in educational opportunities
- Willing to work rotating Shifts and Overtime
- 3-5 years of industrial experience as a first class millwright.
- Excellent teams skills
- Understanding of installing, repairing and maintaining industrial equipment in paper mill or similar industries.
High school diploma or GED; and
GRAPHIC PACKAGING INTERNATIONAL, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, religion, natural origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap, or disability, marital status, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
To receive consideration for employment, applicants must complete the on-line application, including the names of previous employers, dates of employment, and the reason left employment or the reason wanting to leave their current employer. Incomplete application will not be considered.