Dynamic independent sawmill is looking for a collaborative Millwright in the Saratoga, WY. We are the largest sawmill in the area and a leading employer in Carbon County, Wyoming. This is a growing company with a loyal customer base and well-earned reputation for high quality and superior service.
Job Security, Competitive salary (with a steady 50+ work week including OT), strong benefits, positive atmosphere with individuals who want you to grow. Relocation assistance is available as well.
The Millwright is responsible for performing repairs and maintenance on the production equipment used in manufacturing lumber.
- Must have a strong mechanical aptitude demonstrated by experience in repairing operating equipment in a manufacturing environment.
- Must show knowledge of mechanical repairs, welding and hydraulics and have good manual dexterity, versatility and good physical endurance.
- Candidates should have strong troubleshooting skills.
- Must have a working knowledge related to the proper alignment of bearings, repairing or replacing chains; belt conveyors; gear boxes/drive chains; hydraulics & pneumatics; welding/cutting; and using power tools necessary for the day-to-day functioning of the millwright position.
- Must have ability to work in a team environment, have good work habits and a solid attendance history.
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the job including standing, climbing, bending, and lifting occasionally up to 50 lbs. or more.
- Exposure to ambient temperatures.
- Relevant training or experience as a Millwright, Maintenance Mechanic or in Industrial Maintenance.
- 3 or more years relevant experience in production or manufacturing equipment maintenance.
- Preference will be given to candidates with sawmill industry experience.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Ability to perform production maintenance job responsibilities in a safe manner following the company policies and relating to the employee, other team members and the assets of the company.
- Tasks will include routine maintenance and repair associated with bearings, shafts, chains, conveyors, belts, sprockets, electric motors, and related lumber manufacturing equipment.
- Machine center troubleshooting.
- Welding, cutting to repair or fabricate parts.
- Repair, assembly, preventative and predictive maintenance on various sawmill equipment.
- Effective communication with other team members and management.