Position is responsible for the execution of day-to-day lubrication tasks that are required for the long-term health of mining equipment in accordance with standards set forth by equipment manufacturers and Intrepid management. Duties are performed in an unpleasant environment while standing, walking, bending, stooping, kneeling and/or sitting on uneven surfaces. Compliance with all safety standards is required.
- Properly operate, check and maintain fluid levels in all panel equipment according to a daily schedule:
- Continuous miners
- Ram cars
- Shuttle cars
- Roof bolters
- Belt feeders
- Maintain a hand tool set, SAE and metric, sufficient for service and light maintenance
- Lubricate all pivot points and bearings on panel equipment according to a daily schedule
- Fill out and submit daily lubrication reports
- Perform minor maintenance on transport and service vehicles including, but not limited to:
- Flow meters
- Product (oil) screens and filters
- 12v vehicle lighting system (bulbs, switches)
- Know, understand, and adhere to all Intrepid safety protocols applicable to assigned duties including, but not limited to:
- Personal protective equipment
- Lock-out, tag-out, verify
- Vehicle safety and pre-operational inspections
- Work area safety inspections
- Cable handling
Job requirements includePossession of a High School Diploma and valid driver’s license
• Successful passing of physical and drug screen.
• At least 2 years of heavy equipment, machinery operation, maintenance or welding.