Titan America LLC is a leading environmentally and socially progressive heavy building materials company located in the eastern United States. Titan America is a part of the TITAN Group, an independent, multi-regional producer of cement and other related building materials. Our products include cement, construction aggregates, ready-mixed concrete, concrete block,and fly ash. TITAN Group has a track record of continuous growth since its establishment in 1902. It has expanded its production and distribution operations into 14 countries,employing more than 5,500 people. Our products protect human life and personal property, improve the quality of life, generate economic prosperity and connect society.
The primary role of this position is to continuously extend and improve the use of specific software applications and the supporting processes within Titan America’s business functions. This includes manufacturing and distribution of cement, aggregate, and concrete products, as well as other supporting business functions. Ideal candidate will have sales, distribution, logistics, transportation, and supply chain knowledge. He/she will provide analysis, troubleshooting and solutions on business systems and performance which includes; terminal/warehouse shipment loading, point of sales and ticketing, delivery performance, and document management.
Current and future projects include:
- Tracking and reporting of shipment data which includes cost analysis.
- Inventory management both at the production/manufacturing facilities and the distribution terminals.
- Integration of demand and forecast planning between sales, operations, and logistics.
- Transportation and delivery management.
- Driver mobile time and attendance.
- Electronic document management and delivery.
- Gain working knowledge of existing systems in order to provide 1st and 2nd level application support, such systems include;
- CommandAlkon Integra and CommandSeries for concrete dispatch and ticketing
- JWS Apex for cement and aggregate dispatch and ticketing
- Vehicle telematics, GPS, or other fleet management systems like Trimble and TrackIt
- Docuware or other document management system
- Microsoft Sharepoint
- Support the Titan America IT initiatives for application standardization and simplification.
- Support of process automation and reporting.
- Manage requests for changes to systems, ensure up-to-date user documentation, and provide application training and support.
- Participate in system design reviews, ensure compliance with user requirements, and assist in the development of business cases and ROI analysis for enhancements, upgrades, or new products.
- Support the application development life cycle, specifying essential changes to internal and external development teams.
- Coordinate within the business and IT departments for the scheduling, testing, and implementation.
- Coordinate system installations, upgrades and enhancements with vendors.
- Provide ongoing support to the business units to ensure best processes remain in line with emerging technologies and system enhancements.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of 3rd party system’s functionality and new developments, and identify opportunities to promote within the company.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for specific applications.
- Manage and support application interfaces where necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, IS, or related field. Equivalent experience acceptable.
- Knowledge of complete systems life cycle, current technology, and IT capabilities.
- Ability to analyze business operations and to organize system components into logical solutions.
- Ability to plan and manage multiple projects for information systems of high quality in a timely manner.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands, change approach or method to best fit the situation, and deal with frequent changes, delays and unexpected events.
- Knowledge of application interfaces, databases, and reporting capabilities a plus.
- SAP knowledge or working experience a plus.
- Up to 25% travel may be required.