Mission Computing Project Manager
Clover Leaf Solutions is seeking a highly qualified Mission Computing Project Manager to lead a staff of 25-60 IT staff on a large federal IT contract in Albuquerque, NM. The manager will work as part of a program management team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage day-to-day work activities, delivery, deployment and ongoing support functions for individuals responsible for delivering information processing and telecommunications services, including planning, directing and coordinating the operational and tactical activities on a daily basis.
- Ensure that all deliverables are met per contract KPI’s/CPI’s (Key/Critical Performance Indicators). Meet goals including analyzing and managing performance, utilizing escalation and exception paths, implementing processes and systems to report on current performance and make recommendations for improvement of performance. Manage resources within budget and established service delivery times.
- Translate organizational objectives into work plans. Establish objectives and plans for the team’s operations. Identify and optimize personnel, technologies and methodologies to meet current and near-term requirements. Create contingency plans to meet changes in business circumstances.
- Monitor work activities and outcomes and proactively identify and remove barriers to ensure that customer expectations are met.
- Actively and consistently recommend and support all efforts to improve, simplify, automate and enhance day-to-day operations and the client experience within area of responsibility. Support all initiatives aimed at performance and quality improvement, including leading change management efforts within area of responsibility. Develop strategies for continual service improvement. Collaborate with other team managers to ensure the needs of the customer are being met.
- Manage change including efficiency gains using ITIL Framework process.
- Act as project point of contact/interface with client, subcontractor and supplier organizations.
- Identify and manage risks to team and client success.
- Deploy and manage consistent, structured and disciplined systems, policies, procedures and practices to ensure stable and quality product & service delivery consistent with company objectives and customer expectations. Oversee documentation of issues, action plan and outcome and distribution within area of responsibility.
- Create and provide required reports and team updates as needed. Prepare timely and accurate reports which highlight key technical and programmable issues.
- Effectively support the planning and tracking of multiple projects, resource planning and allocation, task delegation to accomplish project goals and objectives, ensuring timely resolution of issues, using escalation as necessary, creation of ongoing status and evaluation reports, and reporting on employee performance.
- Ensure a safe work environment at all times. Adhere to the clients’ safety plan and ensure that all staff complete required safety training as specified per the Company and clients’ safety program requirements. Immediately report all safety/security occurrences/incidents per the site/client and company’s reporting requirements.
- Provide weekly safety reminders to staff. Provide input and participate in the monthly safety meetings.
- Adhere to both Company and client Security Plans. Immediately report any security occurrence or incident per the client’s and Company’s reporting requirements.
- Ensure that all staff complete required security training as specified per the client’s safety program requirements.
- Plan, organize, and control work activities. Establish, communicate and monitor daily/weekly work objectives. Ensure team has necessary resources, prioritize work and ensure efficient workflow.
- Hire, develop and retain employees to maintain a qualified, motivated and productive team. Assist in interviewing and onboarding. Identify and develop talent, build benchstrength on the team.
- Lead team to work collaboratively across the organization to ensure a seamless transition of work activities from service request to service delivery.
- Promote a respectful work environment. Foster teamwork and inclusion across all employees, work groups, establish and maintain client, peer and subordinate relationships.
- Use HR tools to provide regular feedback and agree upon tasks and goals with employees.
- Ensure staffing is maintained consistent with customer delivery requirements by proactively monitoring labor data and taking appropriate corrective action as needed.
- Teach/coach employees on proper processes, skills and use of resources to ensure excellence.
- Lead lessons learned discussions. Imbed and role model lessons learned for process and team improvement. Provide employees supplemental training and assistance as appropriate.
- Encourage employees to contribute new ideas and speak up about issues and concerns, support ideas that should be implemented. Ensure free flow of information.
- Support all levels of management, communicate openly and honestly for maximum understanding of project status. Ensure timely and transparent communication to client, direct reports, peer team and company management.
- Assist in creating and maintaining a positive engagement and communication climate, be accessible, listen to employees address their issues, provide decision explanations.
- Lead for superior client service, empower employees to take appropriate actions to achieve positive client experiences in a 24/7/365 environment. Monitor analysts’ work activities & outcomes and proactively identify and remove barriers to ensure customer expectations are met. Work with analysts to ensure root cause is identified, action plans are developed and ensure follow-up on customer issue resolution. Ensure prompt identification and resolution of service delivery issues.
- Provide weekly, monthly, quarterly reports and ongoing technology recommendations per contract requirements. Provide timely response to requests for information, reports and other operations data from functional departments.
- Foster excellent relations with the client and the team on behalf of Clover Leaf. Build and maintain appropriate collaborative partnerships with client and other contractors.
- Work directly with client and company stakeholders, including security, safety, and environmental staff to validate and clarify requirements.
- Identify and collaborate to solve emerging billability and client issues.
- Identify new business opportunities.
- Maintain and enhance a strong customer service-oriented environment focused on problem prediction, detection and resolution.
- Manage contract per Service Contract Act (SCA).
- Review timesheet activities and entries weekly for accurate thorough information. Ensure that staff work, time and expenses are properly recorded prior to invoice development.
- Develop/deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements and QA documentation and presentations for all levels of Clover Leaf and client stakeholders.
- Assist management in meeting all expected service level percentages of the Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) on the contract.
- Ensure process definition and documentation across the team.
- Ensure that Clover Leaf and client values and policies are followed.
- Deliver multiple client projects, at all stages from concept through completion.
- Work closely with project controls staff to ensure that service is delivered using the ITIL Framework.
- Role model commitment to Clover Leaf and client values and policies.
- Coach and model ethics and values.
- Master’s Degree in IT or closely related field or 6 years relevant experience, and 7 years of relevant experience; 13 years total minimum if no degree.
- 2 year’s management experience overseeing IT staff, including mentoring and training.
- Previous experience working in a Linux or Enterprise Windows environment.
- Broad IT knowledge including software development, system integration, infrastructure and support.
- Experience establishing best practice guidelines and standardizing processes. Experience building, using and maintaining consistent processes, both technical and people focused.
- Experience producing and monitoring performance reports. Knowledge of service management processes and tools. Excellent analytical skills to uncover root causes for issues.
- Knowledge of IT equipment handling, storing and disposal.
- Able to obtain a Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Able to obtain and ITIL certification.
- Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality deliverables created through collaboration, including technical and process documentation.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours and support on-call duties and shift work.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to create and deliver excellent oral and written communication and presentations.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Security clearance.
- Must be local to Albuquerque, NM or willing to relocate.
- 3+ years working as a Linux or Windows administrator.
- Previous experience pulling and analyzing metrics from trouble ticketing software.
- Previous hiring manager experience.
Clover Leaf Solutions is a small business headquartered in Albuquerque, New Mexico, with key offices in San Francisco, CA and Pittsburgh, PA, and we are growing. You can be a key part of our team and help us continue to build our capabilities long-term. Our government clients include Department of Energy facilities like Sandia National Laboratories, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, and Los Alamos National Laboratory, while our commercial clients have included globally recognized firms. We specialize in Industrial Hygiene, Safety, Construction Management, and Project Management. We have open, transparent communication without layers of bureaucracy, while also having a strong team to provide backup. We offer health, dental, vacation/sick, and a 401k with a generous match.
Learn more about us at cloversolutions.us
Clover Leaf Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.