This is a skilled position involving the safe and efficient delivery of ready mix concrete to customer job sites. Deliveries will be made in both commercial and residential areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive ready mix truck under loading hopper to receive sand, gravel, cement, and water.
- Drive ready mix truck to location for unloading.
- Move levers on truck to release concrete down truck chute into wheelbarrow or other conveying container or directly into area to be poured with concrete.
- Clean truck after delivery to prevent concrete from hardening in mixer and on truck.
- Add and removes extension chutes to mixer.
- Perform pre and post trip inspections on equipment, pursuant to D.O.T. regulations.
- P P E worn at all times, wheels chocked and truck shut down while parked.
- Know, understand and find addresses quickly and efficiently.
- Know and understand different mix designs on delivery tickets.
- Know and understand slumps and how to haul concrete according to customer specifications.
- Safely drive truck to job site, arrives at the desired slump with in job specifications.
- Upon arriving on job site, driver must be able to safely maneuver truck in often very unstable ground conditions.
- As per customer needs, driver will place chutes from fender or hanging rack onto the main chute for discharge and placement of concrete.
- Upon completion of discharge driver will wash the chutes and truck in appropriate location as directed by the contractor and chutes will be placed back in appropriate location on truck.
- Prior to leaving job site, driver is responsible for completing all paper work and collection of monies if necessary.
- At the end of the shift all paper work must be completed and turned in. All cash, C O D must be put in C O D envelope and put in locked box.
Driver is responsible to call schedule each evening for the following day start time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Must have a valid Class A or CDL.
- Must have a valid Medical Card as per DOT standard.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 100 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs.
· Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
· Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
· Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
· Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
· Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
· Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
· Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
· Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
· Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
· Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance