Job ID: 202964
Manitou Concrete is a CRH Company, is the leading vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mixed concrete, and construction and paving services in the United States. Our operations span the nation from Montana to Texas and from Washington to Florida, with 17,500 employees at more than 1,200 locations in 44 states.
This skilled position involves the safe and efficient operation of concrete mixer trucks. Work will be performed in accordance with the Operation Manager's instruction. Delivery and shift schedules will be directed and scheduled by Dispatch and Training personnel. Shifts will often include some overtime. The Mixer Driver Trainee is responsible for the efficient working condition and cleanliness of his/her equipment. All Dolomite Group employees are expected to partner with associates and management of The Dolomite Group to coordinate, support, and actively promote our safety process. The Mixer Driver Trainee will comply with mandatory safety requirements and other functions of the team.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Safely and efficiently operate equipment and report any problems to your manager in a timely fashion.
- Pursuant to directions from Dispatch, the Mixer Driver Trainee will make the appropriate number of ready mix concrete deliveries each day in a timely manner.
- For each delivery, the Mixer Driver Trainee will do the following:
- Get in and out of the truck cab, safely climbing 3 steps, from and to the ground or platform, for proper Pre-Trip vehicle inspection, then use a 2" hose to fill truck's water tank(s);
- Position truck in proper loading plant/position, allowing truck to be loaded, repositioning truck to safe area, to then climb up the ladder to catwalk and rinse down truck.
- Apply safe driving techniques to transport load to jobsite. Once on the job, safely existing/dismounting truck and conducting a thorough Risk Assessment of jobsite.(G.O.A.L)
- As needed, pick up, carry, and attach chute extensions that may weigh approximately 50 pounds each, to perform delivery of concrete.
- Operate the controls to deliver the concrete. This can be done from the ground using external controls or from within the cab of the truck.
- Once the concrete is delivered, the Mixer Driver Trainee must climb up the ladder to the catwalk and thoroughly rinse down hopper, fins in barrel, drop hopper, top chute, etc.
- The Mixer Driver Trainee then climbs off of the truck and continues washing the remainder of the chutes and truck. The driver then disconnects the chutes and returns them to the rack.
- At the end of each day, the Mixer Driver Trainee cleans out the cab of truck, performing the same duties as noted above, along with rinsing off the remainder of the truck.
- The Mixer Driver Trainee is also responsible for refueling the truck at the end of each day, parking it safely, and chocking the tires. A thorough Post-Trip vehicle inspection must be completed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management, Dispatch or Training personnel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The Mixer Driver Trainee must also successfully pass the NYS Commercial Driver's Road Exam along with the training program provided.
- Minimum high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Thorough operational knowledge of mixer truck and related equipment to be operated.
- Valid State Commercial Drivers' License (CDL) or Learner's Permit (CLP)
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to perform all job duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ability to communicate in a positive manner with customers and represent The Dolomite Group.
- Ability to communicate effectively on the radio system and use the truck tracking system correctly.
- Keep time and materials records.
- Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Pass a pre-employment "Fit for Work" physical.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is required to sit, walk and stand for periods of time. The employee is required to use a computer for extended periods of time.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust to focus.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. This position requires an employee to lift:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and heat. The employee frequently works outside and has exposure to some vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Exposed to Noise
Exposed to High Heat
Working With Others
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Manitou Concrete is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.