Serving the greater Stanislaus County with 423 plus acute care beds, Memorial Medical Center provides a full continuum of care including 24-hour emergency care, inpatient and outpatient surgery, obstetrics, pediatrics, nuclear medicine, dialysis therapy, diagnostic imaging, intensive care, physical therapy, and home health. Specialized care includes Memorial Regional Cancer Center and Memorial Heart Institute.
BASIC JOB PURPOSE:
Following the direction of the physician and surgical nurse, the Surgical Technologist II assists with procedures in the operating room while maintaining sterile technique, ensure room set-up in preparation of surgical cases and anticipating surgeon’s instrument needs.
- High School graduate or GED equivalent.
- Completion of training in Surgical Technology.
- Minimum of two (2) years recent experience in the Operating Room.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or must obtain within 90 daysof hire.
- Basic knowledge of nursing process in assessment of physical, psychosocial, and psychological needs ofpatient.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of unit specific age criteria for patient population.
- Ability to read, write, hear and verbally communicate in English to the degree required to perform the job.
- Surgical Technology Certificate.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Long Term Disability
- Vacation/paid time off
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Development
- Life Insurance