We have an exciting opportunity to support the modernization of a mid-Atlantic state’s Medicaid Enterprise System (MES). The new MES will provide a modular enterprise-wide system and, with a successful award, we will be the system integrator. The project is expected to begin late-summer 2020.
1. Serves as the project manager responsible for orchestrating activities that support both the MES Project and system integration operations and maintenance
2. Coordinates multi-vendor incident, change, and release management
3. Serves as the lead interface with all technology deployments
4. Develops and manages project plans and schedules, working collaboratively with other project leadership and customer stakeholders
5. Assumes direct responsibility for all project deliverables. Works with the QA team and implementation managers to ensure timeliness, completeness and quality objectives are met
6. Works with the project controller and implementation teams to develop and baseline the master project schedule to include resource allocation, durations, dependencies and critical path identification
7. Uses the master project schedule and PMBOK project management processes to track progress against plan and manage program activities
8. Develops and implements the program risk management process in collaboration with the customer’s PMO
9. Develops and implements the program change management process in collaboration with the customer
10. Works with senior program/project management, technical architect, and data manager to develop the system migration strategy
11. Works with designated customer personnel and the certification team to ensure that the requisite certification activities, deliverables, and artifacts are collected and reposed in support of the CMS certification process
12. Develops and delivers project status reports
13. Coordinates and leads scheduled and ad hoc status meeting with customer stakeholders
14. Leads program staffing planning to ensure appropriate resources are recruited and allocated to project activities
15. Works with the technical architect and data manager to develop the disaster recovery plan. Plans and facilitates disaster recovery training exercises at the direction of the customer.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
1. Minimum of Ten (10) years of experience managing a large, complex system, and with the development, implementation, and operation of large scale projects.
2. Experience leading teams of more than twenty (20) staff, including staff from diverse organizations, to successfully implement and operate technology-based solutions.
1. Preferably at least seven (7) years of experience managing design and development of healthcare information systems or MMIS.
2. Active PMP certification