Southern California-based Karma is more than just a car company. Although we are best known as a creator of soul-stirring luxury electric vehicles, Karma has emerged as a high-tech incubator offering innovators a perfect platform to prove their emerging technologies. Every Revero is designed at our Headquarters in Irvine and created with great individual care and world-class craftsmanship at the Karma Innovation and Customization Center in Moreno Valley, CA.
The Mobile Application Architect is responsible for the overall architecture and implementation of all Karma mobile and smart-watch applications. The architect also oversees offshore development resources and signs off on work performed. Additionally, they coordinate QA and troubleshooting together with development and QA teams.
Karma desires a talented leader, technically as well as professionally, with a strong presence in the organization and with partners.
- Design overall solutions and individual applications
- Define the overall technical architecture of the mobile application
- Define the technical requirements for implementation of mobile solutions
- Discuss technical aspects of mobile application solution architecture, including technology used and methodology followed, with stakeholders, internally connected systems, and external partners (operational and services)
- Prepare technical solution and architecture documents, requirements, artifacts, work products, and presentations
- Responsible for successfully designing and managing the delivery of mobile solutions and technologies
- Deliver mobile platform and architecture recommendations based on project requirements and industry best practices
- Contribute toward excellence and quality in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Lead and mentor development teams (internal and external)
- Top level management of off-shore development resources
- Work closely with Project Managers, Data Scientists, QA, and Design/UX teams
- Take ownership of the solution from end to end, and be responsible for translating functional requirements into a highly intuitive and design-minded mobile solution
- Other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or Software Engineering, equivalent master's degree, or equivalent in-field experience preferred
- Expertise in iOS, Android, unity, and other mobile frameworks/accelerators
- Proven ability to design, optimize, and integrate business processes across disparate systems and mobile technologies
- Experience with mobile analytics
- Experience with Objective-C, Java, C/C++
- Strong competence in Agile/DevOps methodologies with CI/CD tool-chains
- Experience overseeing team members and offshore resources
- A thorough understanding of OOP, design patterns, iOS, Android, and enterprise in mobile application integration
- Excellent analysis skills and the ability to develop processes and methodologies
- Ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies
- Experienced in designing and developing with mobile SDK’s and integrating mobile apps with web-services and external APIs
- Understanding of mobile security protocols, analytics, and social channel integration
- Understanding of AR/VR technologies for mobile use
- Understanding of various non-functional aspects in mobile application design and able to provide solutions to optimize performance, scalability, etc.
- Experience with automotive, transportation, or mobility applications required.
- Experience in developing and certifying Apple Car Play and Android Auto is required.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with C-level executives as well as the non-software parts of the organization
- Basic knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001:2015) and Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001:2015), as applicable
- Ability to speak Mandarin preferred
NO 3rd Parties, Principals Only, Please
Join Karma as we transform transportation and mobility with innovative team work.
Karma Automotive offers a complete benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD; paid vacation, holidays and personal days; and a 401K with matching contributions. Relocation assistance may be available.
Karma Automotive LLC is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender identity and expression, color, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy or related conditions (including breastfeeding), national origin/ancestry, religion, military/veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic and group protected by applicable law. Karma Automotive LLC complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified individuals with a physical or mental disability. Valid driver’s license may be required based on essential duties.