About the role
HotPads is seeking a motivated Android engineer to join a small but talented team that is innovating and improving how people find their next apartment or rental. You’ll be expected to:
- Develop new features for our Android app
- Collaborate with UX/UI team in an agile environment to bring features from conception to launch
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and shared knowledge
- Implement unit and UI automation tests
About the team
We are a small, yet highly productive team made up of people who enjoy all things Android and are focused on making HotPads (a Zillow group company) the best rental housing marketplace. We have a technology driven culture where the engineers have the freedom to explore the best solutions for our engineering challenges. Our app is highly rated and used by millions of people. We balance building new features, refactoring code, and tweaking existing features based on analytics data.
Who are you?
- A college degree in Computer Science or related field
- You have at least 3 years of experience building Android apps
- Strong knowledge of Java and/or Kotlin, object oriented programming, and memory management
- Strong experience working with the Android SDK, REST APIs, and 3rd party libraries
- You have published at least 1 app to the Google Play Store
- Experience in Automated testing / Test driven development
- Experience using design and architecture patterns
- You are a driven, self-motivated and standout colleague
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
Get to know us
Our teams help to bring innovation, creativity and excellence to the national discussion about how we live. You’ll work in an informal, fun, harmonious atmosphere with a team of strong, smart, self-starters like yourself with terabytes of data at your fingertips.
Zillow is the leading real estate and rental marketplace dedicated to empowering consumers with data, inspiration and knowledge around the place they call home, and connecting them with local professionals who can help.
We are a community at Zillow Group – we are about one another and support each other to be successful. We collaborate in small teams to tackle big ideas, which gives everyone a chance to have an impact on what we do and how we do it.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to cultivating an inclusive, creative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.