This position is responsible for visiting long-term care facilities and assisting patients with oral care. Main duties include delivering direct patient care to patients as assigned, using established dental hygienist procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist doctor with patient care in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Responsible for pretesting duties.
- Maintains current and accurate clinical records and charts through electronic medical records.
- Responsible for all care and cleaning of medical equipment.
- Responsible for clean-up of service area used facility.
- Assist with patient transportation.
- Able to multitask, be detail oriented and demonstrate exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong knowledge of dental terminology.
- Ensure a positive experience for our patients.
- Communicate effectively with all patients, family members, providers, faculty, and staff.
- Provide timely responses to patient inquiries; document conversations in the EMR.
- Requires travel up to 100% of the time.
- Must have own reliable transportation, good driving record, and car insurance.
- Actively supports and complies with all components of the compliance program, including, but not limited to, completion of training and reporting of suspected violations of law and Company policy.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information; abides with HIPAA and PHI guidelines at all times.
- Reacts positively to change and performs other duties as assigned.
- Valid dental hygiene license.
- Knowledge and understanding of associated dental procedures, terminology and techniques.
- Must have good computer skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to follow directions and listen to needs of patients.
Requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination. Requires standing, walking, pushing, and stooping on a periodic basis. Frequent lifting requirements vary depending upon specialty division hired for. Dental: 50 pounds or more. Must be able to push patients in a wheelchair. Requires corrected vision and hearing to a normal range. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours. Requires some exposure to communicable diseases or body fluids.
We will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Employment Type: Full Time