Veritude is hiring a Mobile Developer at Fidelity Investments in Boston, MA.
The FIMT Equity mobile development Team is seeking extraordinary engineers to help develop and support our Equity Mobile application platform. You will be part of a small team charged with creating, building and improving iPhone and iPad apps used by Portfolio Managers and Fund analysts when they are away from the office. This individual will work closely with members of the Mobile product and engineering team to help with our continued development of the Equity Mobile Atlas platform. This is a dynamic, fast paced team that is constantly looking opportunities to be innovative, creative and make things better for team members, partners and customers. Having Innovation days/weeks is part of our culture so this position is perfectly suited for any innovative minds.
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented Engineer to learn new technologies and become an iOS Application Developer. Building a strong capability across multiple technologies is something we strongly advocate. Although, the primary, initial focus of this role will be as a Java Services Developer, it is envisaged that this individual will possess the aptitude, technical curiosity and enthusiasm to learn either Objective C or Swift. Appropriate training, mentorship and development opportunities will be provided so we ensure that this transition is successful and rewarding.
- Design, develop and test code to meet application requirements
- Provides full application development life cycle support, including specifications, prototypes, development, quality assurance and deployment
- Communicates effectively with internal and external users as needed to support channel integration, development and support
- Supports development with appropriate documentation
- Work with local & geographically distributed teams to brainstorm new innovative ideas and approaches for app development
- Comply with architectural and coding standards
- Work with your team to plan delivery tasks and to track adherence to the plan
- Raise issues in a timely manner and take steps to address
- Follow and contribute to improvements in the team’s agile and engineering practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics
- 5+ years’ experience as a Software Engineer building enterprise-class applications
- 5+ years’ experience with Java programming language and related tools/frameworks (J2EE, JSP, Spring, Maven)
Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience implementing Web Services - REST
- Experience writing automated test cases to test code.using JUNIT.
- Practical experience using Acceptance Test Driven Development frameworks is an advantage
- Professional experience working on application deployment
- 4+ years Mobile Application Experience
- Experience developing applications for the Financial Services Industry is a plus
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Knowledge of UI/UX design
- A passion for innovation
- Full project life cycle experience, including requirements gathering, design, development, system test, user acceptance testing
- Experience with Agile delivery principles and practices, preferably Scrum-based, and on agile engineering development practices
- Must be able to work under minimum supervision and be a team player
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Proven customer-facing skills
- Strong communication, collaboration and influencing skill
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic business environment.
- Knowledge of the Financial Services or Mutual Fund industry a strong plus
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
We believe that diversity in background and experience will develop an inclusive and engaging work environment for our employees. This ultimately enables us to deliver a better product for our customers.
Being technically competent is only telling half the story. We believe that delivering the best possible customer experience requires an artful blend of human ingenuity and technology. While we value smart technologists, we are fanatics about our culture that promotes autonomy and leadership at all levels. People who are great cultural fits demonstrate curiosity to learn, are unafraid to break things, step up and take the lead, take ownership of their projects, and thrive by sharing knowledge.
Our culture code is simple
- We share knowledge to empower and connect everyone
- We live outside of the box.
- We believe life is too short to not love what you do
- We know amazing people create great opportunities
- We are customers.
- We favor autonomy and take ownership