Mobile Health Van Driver
- Framingham, MA 01701
- Job Type
- Salary: $40,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
JRI Health is looking for a Mobile Health Van Driver at RISE, located in Framingham, Massachusetts. JRI is a leader in social justice and one of the largest non-profit human service agencies in New England with over 100+ diverse programs and services. We pride ourselves on recruiting the best and the brightest.
What We Need:
· An individual committed to social justice mission and principles of cultural responsiveness, harm reduction, and trauma-informed care. Demonstrated cultural responsiveness and ability to work with diverse populations within Black, Latinx, LGBTQ+ cultures and cultures of people who use drugs (PWUD).
- Drive the Mobile Health Van (MHV) to and from designated areas, complying with all motor vehicle codes and regulations. Ensure consistent maintenance of the MHV vehicle by providing minor mechanical, preventive maintenance functions, including oil change, tune up, tire rotation, and inspection. Ensure weekly safety inspection is carried out for the MHV including checking fluid levels, tire pressure, general condition of the vehicle, lights, indicators, and seat belts.
- Providing cleaning services of vehicle as directed using OSHA and COVID Policies and Procedures. Report minor mechanical preventive maintenance needs to Program Director of Quality Assurance. Must follow and adhere to the Massachusetts Department of Transportation’s guide.
- Assist in participant intake (creates participant account, inputs all information/billing information into Electronic Health Record/REDCab/RiseOn app). Help in scheduling and confirming appointments.
- Analyze problem situations, and respond appropriately to provide reasonable solutions. Report problem and actions to the Program Supervisor and submit incident reports within 24 hours per agency policy.
- Respond appropriately to participants and families or significant others that are exhibiting aggressive behavior, according to agency trainings and policy (PFA/Trauma Informed Care/etc.).
- Acts as driver and supervises use of MHV to health fairs and parades during evenings and weekends, as assigned.
- Assist in conducting Needle/Syringe exchange according to JRI Syringe Exchange Policies and Procedures, providing clean and sterile needles to people who inject drugs.
- Provide appropriate referrals, including assisting clients with accessing support services such as substance use treatment, homeless shelters, syringe exchange, OD prevention and Naloxone, PrEP, treatment for HIV, HCV, and STIs, and other services as needed.
- Provide written and verbal harm reduction information on safer injection strategies, vein and abscess care, overdose prevention and HIV, STI and Hepatitis transmission to program participants and area providers. Provide appropriate referrals. Assist in naloxone distribution to active users, their allies and other service providers as needed.
- Collaborate with community agencies and service providers to arrange the coordination and use of the Mobile Health Van.
- Collect program and client-level data, documenting various aspects of the engagement in needle/syringe exchange, Naloxone, and testing services. Submit all required documentation to the program coordinator in a timely fashion.
- Participate in all required quality assurance activities.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Under the direction of the Registered Nurse at Program RISE, this individual will provide services to people experiencing marginalization across racial identities in MetroWest, those who may be unable to find responsive services due to historic systemic barriers including cost, stigma, lack of health insurance, travel, concerns around immigration status, discrimination in health care, and other social and cultural factors. The Mobile Health Van Driver’s main role consist of providing administrative assistance to the Mobile Clinic Staff in scheduling, registering and managing participants. In addition, this position is responsible to drive the Mobile Health Van to and from the designated areas, assisting in the delivery of services to people seeking services and assisting in the maintenance of the vehicle based on the agencies policies and procedures.
RISE is a division of JRI Health that provides services to people in the Metro West area, Framingham. Our services include free confidential HIV counseling, testing and referrals, STI and Hepatitis testing, HIV Case Management, Housing Search & Advocacy, Peer Support Services, LGBT services, Overdose Prevention and Education, Needle Exchange, community education programs on HIV, STIs, viral Hepatitis, harm reduction, and LGBTQ cultural competency. We believe that all people –of all races, ethnicities, gender identities, sexual orientations, education levels, ages, languages, religions, and geographic locations – should have the opportunity to live healthy lives.
What You Have:
- Bilingual (English/Spanish or English/Portuguese) preferred.
- Driver must be at least 18 years old to operate a commercial motor vehicle (Mobile Health Van 27’).
- Must have a minimum of two years of verifiable driving experience.
- Must have 2 or fewer chargeable or preventable motor vehicle accidents within the past 5 years and only those applicants with three or fewer violations of motor vehicle laws (other than violations involving parking only) within the past five years will be considered for employment.
- Must have a Class D diverse license or a LDLs.
- Knowledge of in HIV/AIDS, STI and Viral Hepatitis, or related field.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- High School/GED or Bachelor’s degree in related field. Significant experience may be substituted for education.
- Willing to learn phlebotomy to help support activities on the van (not necessary, but a plus).
- Self-directed, motivated and flexible with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities.
What You Get:
· To positively make a difference in the lives of others;
· To join a team that is diverse, supportive, and fun;
· Opportunities for training, professional development, and advancement;
· Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) starting within the first year;
· Tuition reimbursement – up to $4,000 per year;
· Over 76% covered health insurance and if you are covered by another non-state/ government sponsored health plan and decline health coverage you receive an additional $73.84 per bi-weekly pay period;
· 100% dental insurance;
· 401K – JRI matches employee contributions up to $800/calendar year;
· Pension (vested after 5 years).
More about Us:
JRI is a mission driven agency committed to creating a diverse, inclusive workforce to help us advance social justice. Find out more about JRI’s programs and services in Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island as well as unique career opportunities at www.jri.org.
Be who you are! JRI is strongly committed to providing an inclusive, diverse and welcoming environment for our employees and the people we serve. Persons from diverse backgrounds including women, communities of color, the LGBTQ community and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. JRI is an equal opportunity employer.
Posted 30+ days ago