Chestnut Health Systems is seeking a full-time Mobile Medical Assistant for our Granite City, IL facility, servicing the Metro East and St. Louis, MO areas.
Chestnut Health Systems is a leading provider of behavioral and primary health care services. Over four decades, Chestnut has grown to over 700 committed, compassionate employees providing substance use, mental health and primary care treatment to patients in Central and Southern Illinois. We provide fully integrated care for all of our patients by combining behavioral health care services with our community-based primary care health centers. Chestnut also conducts research and training throughout the U.S.A.
**Please note to be considered for a position you must attach a resume, complete the application, and answer all screening questions.
- Transport health center staff, safely to and from specified locations following an established schedule, using the mobile unit.
- Conduct patient interview in person for the purposes of completing demographic, financial, scheduling, and other information necessary for billing. Enter all information obtained into the electronic medical record (EMR) in a timely and accurate manner.
- Back up and assist team in capturing client vital signs as needed, and practice timely reporting of the data.
- Thoroughly explain, complete, and obtain all required signatures from patients or responsible parties, pertaining to the consents, payment responsibility, releases, and any other required paperwork on each patient, following established program and agency policies and procedures.
- Evaluate all fund sources available and eligible, determine fund source priority and enter all appropriate information into the electronic medical record (EMR) timely and accurately, accessing approved websites and portals. Discuss financial and copay information determined with the patient.
- Meet with the patient to complete Certified Application Counselor applications as applicable and needed. Log and track all data on the O&E tracking sheet.
- Scan documentation into the electronic medical record (EMR) for the financial record, including but not limited to signed necessary documentation, copy of the insurance card and photo ID, and the completed financial assistance application, as applicable.
- Monitor and report any mobile unit maintenance issue to the maintenance department and coordinator or designee.
- Maintain neatness and cleanliness in the mobile unit at all times. Keep an adequate amount of gasoline in the vehicle at all times, following established procedures.
- Function as a team member; provide support and backup to other team members as necessary.
- Coordinate services with treatment team and other Chestnut programs to ensure continuity of care. Communicate any patient concerns or issues to coordinator or designee.
- Provide excellent customer service, promoting Chestnut’s culture of customer service excellence through the adherence to Chestnut’s behavioral standards for customer service.
- Promote the recovery model of treatment by showing respect and courtesy when interacting with everyone; provide a safe and welcoming environment. Demonstrate knowledge of and sensitivity to individual’s cultural beliefs and values. Demonstrate professionalism and appropriate boundaries with patients.
- Maintain CPR, CPI, Certified Application Counselor, and/or Certified Medical Assistant, Certified Nursing Assistant, Certified Medical Office Assistant certifications.
- Complete and maintain vehicle safety certification annually or as otherwise directed, utilizing the Relias system.
- Promote Chestnut’s culture of customer service excellence through the adherence to Chestnut’s behavioral standards for customer service.
- Maintain and protect patient confidentiality and security of all organizational information gained in the course of performing job responsibilities including, but not limited to, financial and patient information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of a Medical Assistant training program or Certified Nursing Assistant training program is required.
- Must have current Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) certification, Certified Medical Office Administrative Assistant (CMOA) or Certified Nursing Assistant (CAN) certification.
- Must complete Certified Application Counselor (CAC) training and successfully obtain certification within six (6) months of hire.
- Strong customer service background with excellent customer service skills is required.
- Basic computer skills and experience using MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat required.
- Experience using an electronic medical record (EMR) required.
- Extensive knowledge of common medical procedures and front office procedures, and use of office equipment required (i.e., filing, ability to operate copier, fax, and scanning equipment).
- Attention to detail and discretion with PHI and HIPAA, and other confidential information is required.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, staff, vendors, and the public.
- Must be able to maintain appropriate boundaries and professional interactions with patients.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record and must meet qualifications for agency auto insurance coverage.
- Must be able to work independently and manage several tasks at one time.
- Satisfactory completion of Chestnut’s background checking process.
This full-time position includes an excellent compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, generous paid time off benefits, and more.
***For additional information and inquiries text "Chestnut" to 97211
Chestnut welcomes applications from qualified individuals with recovery experience.
EOE – Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled