Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
Help saves lives every day with a phlebotomy career at the American Red Cross. No experience needed!
Join the Red Cross Biomed Team!
If you’re looking to gain new skills, help save lives and contribute to the mission of one of the nation’s most respected humanitarian organizations, consider a career in biomedical services at the American Red Cross. As a Red Cross employee, you’ll have opportunities to grow your career and be recognized and rewarded for your efforts. Most importantly, you’ll work alongside dedicated individuals like yourself who live the values of our organization every day. Join us for a career that helps saves lives every day.The American Red Cross is proud to be one of the Top-Rated Workplaces: Best Non-Profits and Top-Rated Workplaces: Veterans based on rankings and reviews on Indeed.
From transporting and setting up blood collection equipment at work sites, to drawing blood from donors, as a Phlebotomist/Driver with the American Red Cross you will work all aspects of blood drives at schools, offices and churches throughout the community. No experience necessary – our paid training is a mix of classroom instruction and field practice. Say goodbye to boredom, because every day on the job is different. A career at the American Red Cross gives you the opportunity to help save lives in your community every day. To learn more about being a phlebotomist, watch this short video: rdcrss.org/lifesavingrole
- Balance production, donor care and quality requirements to meet daily blood collection goals
- Take the time to personally connect with donors – listen to their stories and help them understand the value of their donation
- Be detail oriented all day, every day, to ensure that the blood you collect meets regulatory requirements and can be safely transfused
- Remain flexible to work a highly variable schedule and be willing to give 100% while you’re there
- Contribute to a friendly and fun environment. Team up with your co-workers to keep our donors coming back again and again
- Interact in a positive, proactive and customer-focused manner with both internal and external customers, demonstrating care and compassion at all times
- The aforementioned responsibilities of the Bus Driver/Phlebotomist describe the general nature and level of work and are not an exhaustive list
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Customer service experience, effective verbal communication and public relations skills are required
- Experience driving large vehicles strongly preferred
- Ability to load, drive and unload vehicles with or without reasonable accommodation
- Medical assistant or phlebotomy training preferred but not required
- A current, valid driver's license and good driving record is required
- Basic computer skills are desirable
- DOT certification may be required in some locations. If required, must pass applicable DOT physical and related requirements and be able to possess or obtain a medical certification of at least one-year duration
- Physical requirements may include the ability to lift up to 50 lbs., occasionally physically assisting donors experiencing an adverse reaction, as well as pushing or pulling heavy weights up and down ramps and stairs (potentially up to 250 lbs in weight and with up to 75-degree angles). Physical requirements may be performed in adverse weather conditions.
- All staff work as a team to setup and tear down the equipment required to conduct a mobile blood drive. This involves loading/unloading of vehicles, pushing carts up to 250 lbs, setting up beds and handling many totes containing equipment and snacks for the donors
- Flexibility to work long, irregular hours and frequent schedule changes is required
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights