Mobile Programmer - Claysburg, PA
If you are a current employee, click here to apply
Location: Sheetz Corporate - Claysburg, PA
The Sheetz IT Applications and Development Department is seeking a Mobile Developer to join our team at our Operations and Support Center in Claysburg, Pennsylvania. The successful candidate for this position will become part of a project team focused on the development and support of new and existing mobile applications in a timely fashion as requested by other areas of the business.
The ideal candidate will have a chance to work with several of the following technologies:
Swift 4/5, Cocoapods, Alamofire, Swinject, RealmSwift, Kingfisher, Xcode, Android Studio, Java, XML, SQLite, JUnit/Mockito, RESTful APIs, Git / GItLab, Firebase, Crashlytics
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (other duties may be assigned)
- Initial and escalation resource for application projects, whether in production or in the development / implementation process.
- Provide technical advice to less experienced discipline personnel.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of one or more application projects, whether in production or in the development / implementation process.
- Create and tune SQL queries as part of the application development process.
- Create technical documentation for application development projects as defined by the Sheetz Applications and Development Agile Methodology SOP.
- Stay up to date on the production technology solutions by attending related training and conferences as approved by management.
- Provide development solutions using Sheetz approved development tools.
- Provide evening and weekend “on call/issue” support as needed. Sheetz is open 24/7/365 and as such, our internal and external customers may require support at any time.
- Comply with the Sheetz adopted agile and secure coding development methodologies. Refer to the Sheetz Applications and Development Agile Methodology SOP.
REQUIREMENTS: (Equivalent combinations of education, licenses, certifications and/or experience may be considered)
- A four-year degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Engineering; or a four year degree in another field of study which includes courses in computer programming, systems analysis, system development, or systems engineering is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years developing mobile applications in either ios or android required.
- Possess strong mobile UI design skills, including proficiency using UIKit Framework and Interface Builder
- Understanding of Agile Software Development methodology
- Knowledge and understanding of secure coding practices
- Understand the different layers of application architecture (service, resource, logging, testing, etc.)
- Experience with API-first methodologies like OpenAPI / Swagger for REST API designs
- Understanding of micro-services and have experience developing and consuming them
- One or more of the following certifications is preferred:
- Agile Scrum Master certification
- Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) or similar certification
- Certification in a specific Development methodology
Sheetz, Inc. is a fast-growing, family-owned, food/convenience company that has been in business since 1952. Sheetz has over 600 locations in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland and North Carolina.
Our mission at Sheetz has been to meet the needs of customers on the go. Of course, things have changed over those nearly 70 years. Life is faster and busier, and customers expect us to be there when they need us most. One thing that hasn't changed is our commitment to our customers, our employees and the communities in which we operate. Sheetz donates millions of dollars every year to the charities it holds dear.
Nearest Major Market: Altoona
Nearest Secondary Market: Johnstown