The Community Support Specialist provides training in independent living skills, including how to be responsible tenants and maintain psychiatric stability. This individual will assist the Program Supervisor in implementing agency policies and procedures.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
- Make visits to assigned individuals.
- Participates with the individual in the development, evaluation, and modification of individual’s service plans.
- Trains and assists individuals in self-administration of medication.
- Assists individuals in improving socialization skills.
- Assists individuals in establishing vocational/educational goals.
- Assists individuals in improving symptom management skills.
- Provides crisis management and case management services. (Includes making collateral contacts.)
- Provides transportation as needed, for shopping, medical appointments, etc.
- Conducts apartment inspections to determine what repairs are needed and reports problems to appropriate personnel.
- Coordinates the admission of individuals into Apartment Program; including screenings, moving meeting and discharge meetings.
- Minimum of 1 year working with individuals diagnosed with mental illness and/or intellectual disabilities
- Valid NYS Driver’s License and meets the qualifications to be a driver for the agency
- Associate's Degree Required, Bachelor's Degree Preferred in related field