The Model Maker is responsible for prototype fabrication to support product development. This includes bringing a product from idea/concept through design, prototyping, development, testing, design verification and validation, manufacturing, and product introduction. Out-of-shop duties include attending design reviews and brainstorming meetings. This individual will also be responsible for maintenance of the machines including calibration, regularly scheduled maintenance, and routine servicing. Additionally, this individual is responsible for maintaining a clean working environment throughout the prototype shop.
- Prototyping: Use CNC and manual equipment including mills, lathes, and EDM for fabricating models, prototypes, test parts, and low volume production of instruments and implants
- Participate and provide input in design meetings and ‘brainstorming’ sessions
- Ensure that shop runs consistently with in-house quality system
- Responsible for ensuring that all machines and measurement equipment are calibrated regularly as needed and in compliance with Globus’ quality system
- Perform routine maintenance and servicing of machines to ensure smooth, trouble free operation
- Maintain clean work environment by regular cleaning and upkeep
- Assist in process / tooling development for manufacturing
- Adhere to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role.
- Represent the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus.
- 5+ years experience in Machinist/Tool & Die making or model making, preferably in the medical device area
- Ability to proficiently use CNC and manual mills, lathes, and EDM machines
- Mastercam or related CAM experience preferred
- High school diploma required
- Proven creative skills in design and ability to improve existing designs
- Strong self-starter who can work with little or no supervision
- Ability to work in fast paced environment. Multi-tasking abilities required for successful job completion
- Well organized, detail oriented, and team player capable of working in a deadline dictated environment
- Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office
- Requires physical ability to work with shop machinery
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.