For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 125 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi - cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities, and our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, and high-tech help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees' potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $44.2 billion, we've ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States. And since 2010, we have been recognized by Forbes as one of the top 15 best banks in America. With a strong foundation, and enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
East West Bank is seeking a Model Validation Analyst to join the Bank’s Model Risk Management (MRM) group. The Model Validation Analyst will be responsible for helping to maintain, improve and execute the Bank’s MRM framework, standards and processes.
- performing model assessment
- independent model validation
- validation result reporting
- ongoing model risk maintenance related tasks
- model validation finding management
- closure evaluation
- Master’s degree in quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, economics, or financial engineering
- Proficient in mathematics, statistics, and statistical modeling techniques
- Basic knowledge of financial products and/or quantitative modelling in the financial industry
- Highly proficient in MS Office applications
- Proficient in programming, such as, SQL, R, and Python
- Intellectually curious, self-motivated with strong interests in modeling techniques
- Excellent analytical, verbal, written, interpersonal communication skills with a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-orientated, collaborative environment
- Detail oriented, results driven, and able to balance priorities in a dynamic environment
- Excellent work ethics
- Experience in statistical analysis, model development, or model validation
- Experience in financial industry
- Experience in writing strong model documentation