Purpose of JobUSAA continuously seeks talented candidates for future opportunities. This sourcing requisition is designed for individuals with advanced analytical and/or managerial experience who are interested in career opportunities within USAA.
Applying to this sourcing requisition indicates that you have an interest in those future career opportunities and does NOT constitute an actual application to a specific position. Again, this sourcing requisition is not for a specific position. It is designed for candidates interested in future opportunities and allows USAA to keep you apprised of those new opportunities.
We recommend you also continue to monitor the USAA careers website for specific opportunities and create a job search agent.
This Job Posting is for multiple openings available in 2018 and 2019.
Modeling Analytics Professionals: Plan and manage CFO projects that deliver strategic solutions through financial analysis and the organization of CFO tools and business rules. As well as design and execute CFO information architect, information governance and Business Object reports.
We are currently seeking talented Modeling Analysts for our San Antonio, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL, Colorado Springs, CO, Chesapeake, VA facilities and Remote W@H.
This role will be part of the Enterprise Finance Center of Excellence.
Provide model risk oversight and governance and support model development and use within key areas of USAA. Technically proficient in statistics, mathematics, and tools used in predictive modeling. Partner cross-functionally with business to deliver breakthrough analytical solutions to support a winning strategy in a continually changing business environment.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA MODELING ANALYTICS
USAA is a growing financial services company and the CFO function at USAA is an important part of this growth. It is an exciting time at USAA and in our Modeling Analytics organization. We are a diversified team of Modeling professionals, working across all lines of business across USAA operations (banking, insurance, investments) seeing the incredible growth first-hand. Working at USAA in Modeling affords you the ability to be a part of USAA’s noble mission on a daily basis. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
- Develop, enhance and support implementation of statistical and other quantitative models to support forecasting, member behavior based scoring and other business applications.
- Understand technical issues in econometric and statistical modeling and apply these skills toward solving business problems.
- Proficient in the model development process and builds relationships with the business customer: from conceptualization through data exploration, model selection and validation, implementation, business user training and support.
- Understands the model lifecycle management process with ability to apply to models.
- Monitor statistical model performance and provide technical guidance to business leadership.
- Communicate technical subject matter clearly and concisely to individuals from various backgrounds.
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences or related field OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum experience required may be substituted in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree OR A Master's Degree in Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences or related field OR A PhD in Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences or related field
- If Bachelor’s degree, 4+ years related work experience in statistical analysis and model development OR If a Master's Degree, 2+ years related experience in statistical model development OR If a PhD., 1+ years related experience in statistical model development
- Proficient knowledge of data analysis tools and industry data sources
- Proficient knowledge in developing analysis queries and procedures in SQL, SAS, BI tools or other analysis software
- Proficient knowledge in 2 or more statistical techniques (Generalized linear modeling, Time Series, CART, Decision analysis experimental design and hypothesis testing)
- Successful completion of a job-related assessment may be required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences
- Master’s Degree in Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences
- PhD Degree in Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences
- Industry applicable Process Excellence Designation/Certification
- If Bachelor’s degree: 6+ years related work experience in statistical analysis and model development OR: If a Master's Degree: 4+ years related experience in statistical model development OR If a Ph.D.: 3+ years related experience in statistical model development
- Advanced knowledge of data analysis tools and industry data sources
- Lead the development, enhancement and implementation of statistical and other quantitative models to support forecasting, member behavior based scoring and other business applications.
- Full ownership of the model development process and relationship with the business customer: from conceptualization through data exploration, model selection and validation, implementation, business user training and support.
- Strong understanding of the model lifecycle management process with ability to identify gaps and opportunities for improvement in business applications.
- Develop model monitoring plan, monitor statistical model performance, and provide technical guidance to business leadership.
- Identify opportunities to apply quantitative methods to improve business performance.
- Expert knowledge in developing analysis queries and procedures in SQL, SAS, BI tools or other analysis software
- Expert knowledge in several statistical techniques (Generalized linear modeling, Time Series, CART, Decision Trees, Neural Networks, Factor analysis experimental design, hypothesis testing, and/or advance techniques).
- Experience w/ at least 1 of the following Model areas: Banking, Insurance, Financial Investments, Economic Capital, Financial Planning, PPNR, and/or Stress Testing
- Experience with Model Governance or Model Risk Mgt in accordance w/ Federal Reserve SR 11-7
- Experience developing timeseries forecasting models
- Experience with CCAAR/DFAST/stress testing
- Experience with Econometrics; Time Series analysis; Forecasting; CECL; credit risk modeling; operation risk modeling;
- Economic Capital modeling; Operational Risk; Credit Risk; Capital Markets;
- Experience implementing machine learning algorithms
- Demonstrated aptitude to trouble shoot issues and perform tasks in a fast-pace environment with changing priorities and deadlines
- Experience working within an Agile Team environment
- Experience with Collaboration (Team Building);
- Demonstrate Adaptability (Agility);
- Demonstrated Drive for Results
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.