Huntsville, AL growing government contractor is looking for a Modeling/Simulations Designer who can lead and provide guidance to the Modeling and Web Design departments and administers a full workload including: administration and updating of the company's main Website, Interactive program modeling and simulation, Virtual and Augmented Reality development and programming, as well as company Social Media integration and updates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the development of system behavioral modeling and environment effects modeling.
- Develop new simulations based on high-level system requirements. Develop derived detailed requirements. Employ open architecture and efficient, modular design.
- Experience in developing physics-based models and simulation.
- Experience in developing environment effects models.
- Experience in applying statistical distributions to physical events (e.g., exponential distribution for failure rates) and the use of closed-form mathematical representations.
- Experience with DIS and/or HLA or other time management methodology.
- Knowledge of Hardware-in-the-Loop (HWIL) and real-time simulation.
- Experience in graphical user interface (GUI) capability, data visualization, two or three-dimensional (2-D/3-D) display presentations.
- Development on Windows operating systems with Visual Studio .NET framework.
- Development on Linux operating systems.
- May serve as a working leader responsible for leading and providing technical advice and direction to lower graded personnel.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Requires a Bachelor's in a technical-related field.
- 5 or more years of applicable experience based on the educational requirements listed above.
- Proficient in the following programming languages include Java, C, C++, C#, Python, MATLAB, and WordPress programming languages
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, and other related software.
- Active Secret Clearance Desired
Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions:
The physical requirements and environmental conditions of this position consist primarily of:
- Frequent standing, sitting, and walking
- Ability to occasionally lift to 30 pounds
- Continuous mental and visual attention, requiring constant alertness or activity.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.