Mogul Operator - 1st Shift (7am – 3pm)
Job Location: Somerset - Somerset, NJ
1st Shift (7AM-3PM)
Ensure operation of Mogul and ensures production of candy that meets product and quality specifications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Observe gauges, dials, and product characteristics, and adjust controls to maintain appropriate temperature, pressure, and flow of ingredients
- Tend or operate and control equipment
- Report food safety and quality issues to Plant management and SQFP
- Follow PIM Brands GMP rules
- Monitor fellow employees for adherence to GMP’s.
- Record production and test data, such as processing steps, temperature and steam readings, cooking time, batches processed, and test results
- Listen for malfunction alarms, and shut down equipment and notify supervisors when necessary
- Set temperature, pressure, and time controls, and start conveyers, machines, or pumps
- Turn valves or start pumps to add ingredients or drain products from equipment and to transfer products for storage, cooling, or further processing
- Clean, wash, and sanitize equipment and cooking area, using water hoses, cleaning or sanitize solutions, or rinses
- Remove cooked material or products from equipment
- Collect and examine product samples during production to test them for quality, color, content, consistency, viscosity
- Input data on production details
- monitor product flow
- Operate auxiliary machines and equipment
- Stacks filled trays and transfers them to drying area
- Positions trays under machine to receive molded candy
- Feeds candy filled starch molding trays into feed rack of machine that empties trays, removes starch from candy and deposits candy on trays or conveyor for packing and shipment
- Operate process within specified processing parameters designed to meet customer specifications
- Comply with GMP and HAACP regulations
- Operate within given SOP parameters that ensure desired food quality results
- Operate at desired production rates
- Interact with Maintenance personnel to monitor and improve performance of equipment.
- Ability to work additional hours if needed
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling and crouching. Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools and controls. Lifting and moving of objects weighing at least 50 lbs. Reasonable accommodations will be evaluated and considered to enable an individual to perform the essential job functions.
Job will generally be performed in the manufacturing plant. When on the plant floor it is representative of a large, busy manufacturing operation. Noisy, active, objects on the floor, constant movement and traffic flow of motorized equipment. Hair net, beard net, assigned work uniform, protective eye wear and gloves are among the GMP required apparel that must be worn, if indicated, on the plant floor.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- High School education or equivalent is strongly preferred
- Must be able to inspect and recognize good quality products
- Packs Product, makes cases
- Must be able to operate Palletizer
- Must have the ability to follow instructions
- Must have the ability to keep records
- Two to three years and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic math and computer skills are preferred
- Willing to be trained
- Ability to read, speak, and write English is required