Commitment and Career Growth* Comprehensive Benefits * Work-Life Balance * Community
At Nordic Ware, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected. With creativity, imagination and determination, we're providing kitchenware innovation and solutions worldwide. This is a family-owned company where you can find a lifetime career as so many of our employees continue to do.
About the Role:
Utilizes Molding/Spinning Department employees, equipment and materials to produce low cost, high quality parts in a timely fashion while maintaining a safe and productive work environment.
Your Responsibilities in this Role:
- Maintains raw material inventory
- Maintains proper staffing levels
- Provides scheduling to support company goals
- Assigns tasks and overtime requirements to meet department/company needs
- Provides information, advice and assistance needed to help achieve department quality and production goals.
- Works closely with Engineering, Tool Room and Maintenance to ensure tooling and machinery is operating correctly and safely.
- Works with outside Vendors, Tool makers and/or Equipment Sales to upgrade/repair or improve the functionality of the department.
- Interviews prospective candidates for open Molding/Spinning positions
Equipment Maintenance and Procurement
- Ensures machinery is properly cared for and maintained
- Makes suggestions for machinery improvement to senior management
- Recommends necessary changes and/or improvements to maximize efficiency
- Ensures that employees have proper tools, safety equipment and training to perform their assigned tasks
- Works with department employees and the plant manager to drive continuous improvement in the molding and spinning departments.
- Works collaboratively and cooperatively with other department Managers and Supervisors to ensure all production requirements are met, to promote most efficient operations for all departments, and to ensure company goals are achieved.
- Works cooperatively with Human Resources to solve any employee concerns or problems.
- Mentors, motivates and disciplines all department employees
- Creates files, processes and records for set ups, production reports and attendance
What We Seek in You:
- Minimum 3 years of Supervisory experience
- Experience using Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Excellent Computer and Math skills required
- At least five years Molding experience or 3 years along with a two-year Technical degree in related area
- Must be experienced with Molding and support equipment
- Good written and verbal communication skills required
- Excellent interpersonal skills a must
- High School diploma or equivalent with some college or a degree preferred
Nordic Ware is a leading manufacturer of high quality and innovative kitchenware products. By designing products of superior value, producing them in the United States whenever possible, and marketing them worldwide, we enrich people's lives by adding utility, convenience and enjoyment to the preparation of food.
We strive to offer attentive service that exceeds our customers' expectations, to produce environmentally sound products, and to provide a safe and rewarding work experience for our employees.
We recognize that a growing return on our efforts and investments is essential to maintain our leadership position. We are committed to ethical conduct in all matters and to earning the trust and confidence of our customers, suppliers, employees and of our community.
Nordic Ware is an Equal Opportunity Employer