The successful candidate will be part of a new center in the Boston area, developing microbiome-based products utilizing unique capabilities of Company nutritional products. This scientist will be responsible for building external sequencing and molecular biology capacity to support product development. In collaboration with CROs, Company R&D, clinical and CMC teams, and academic collaborators, this position will support the development of datasets that will enable new products and support extensions of existing product lines. Prior experience with NGS, qPCR, metabolomic pipelines and CRO management will be needed. Candidate will need to be a hands-on, motivated self-starter with strong initiative.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage CROs responsible for molecular biology, sequencing and metabolomic datasets
- In collaboration with team members, develop experimental datasets to support product development, regulatory filings and product claims
- Provide input to manufacturing team
- Develop analytical assays for products
- Support microbiological endpoints for clinical trials
- Minimum Ph.D. Degree in microbiology, molecular biology, genomics or similar.
- 2-5 years post-Ph.D. of combined experience in microbiology, molecular biology, sequencing and sequence analysis
- Experience with qPCR and other standard molecular biological techniques
- Experience with computational tools for sequence analysis
- Familiarity with strategies for targeted and untargeted metabolomics
- Familiarity with sample-handling, extraction and processing requirements to generate high-quality genomics data
- Familiarity with requirements for development of FDA regulated products
- Strong communicator able to collaborate with cross-functional team members on product reviews, timelines and launch plans.
- Attentive to detail, analytical, and process driven with ability to operate in a complex or matrixed work environment
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Detail oriented with critical thinking ability.