The Bioengineering Systems and Technologies Group apply biological methods, approaches, and technologies to address critical defense, biomedical, and forensics needs in the defense, intelligence, and homeland protection communities. Odyssey Systems is seeking an experienced, motivated research assistant to work with staff to design and execute studies that support our programs utilizing novel, predominately DNA-based systems. Our customer has active programs developing tools to enable engineered bacterial communities, advanced mammalian cell culture platforms, and high-throughput DNA sequencing and assembly. The position involves working independently as well on project teams with experts in molecular, cell, and synthetic biology, and bioinformatics to achieve project goals. This requisition is for laboratory support of the molecular and cell biology needs of these projects.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
1) Molecular biology tasks including DNA amplification, purification, and sequencing/analysis; planning and assembly of DNA constructs, and basic microbiology.
2) Culture and maintenance of mammalian primary cells and cell lines in standard culture and in novel platforms.
3) Troubleshoot issues with experimental design and execution.
4) Summarize data, interpret results, and format data for reporting via presentation or publication.
5) Lab organizational functions such as sourcing and preparation of reagents and materials, and calibration/maintenance of instrumentation.
• Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain an active secret clearance
• MS plus 3 years minimum experience, or BS plus 5 years minimum experience
• Hands-on laboratory experience with cell/molecular and/or synthetic biology, including but not limited to immunotechniques, DNA cloning, qPCR, cell assays, is required.
• This position will also require a working knowledge and understanding of a range of basic cell/molecular/synthetic biology techniques.
• Active secret clearance
• Previous experience with and a working knowledge of sterile technique, mammalian cell culture, and FACS will be considered a plus.
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
• Location: Lexington, MA
• Travel: Non-Anticipated
• Employment Status: Full-Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement)
• Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI).
This job posting sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position, which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.
- Military Leave
- On Site Cafeteria
- Vacation/paid time off
- Employee Events
- Gym Memberships
- Professional Development
- Life Insurance
- Employee Referral Program
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid sick days
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Retirement / Pension Plans