CSI Tech has been retained by a premier client in the Nashville, TN area and are seeking a Mongo DB Engineer to join their team! This opportunity will be responsible for delivering DevOps services which accelerate the delivery of both revenue-generating and internal applications. You will support business-lead software development while applying strategic and approved practices which streamline and fully automate the release management pipeline.
- Leads efforts to support MongoDB platforms
- Develops support libraries, internal development tools, and low-level features like asynchronous networking or diagnostic instrumentation
- Designs and implements core security features for the database
- You need a build a DAS studio like team for DevOps
- These resources will be in Hermitage and will be contactors
- The goal is to have them on-boarded by the end of September
- They will be part of a larger DevOps initiative
The client is developing and supporting innovative solutions that leverage the latest technologies in open source and the cloud and are building a team of top-notch DBA’s to create our next generation platform.
You will work in an environment that embraces DevOps philosophes to empower the implementation of tools and processes which enable the following: rapid development and deployment of software, continuous integration/delivery, automated quality checks, and operational metrics that can be consumed by development and product teams.
This position will work directly with agile teams and business owners on critical client projects and initiatives that are working with big data, analytics, and machine learning and require Database Hosting and Engineering services.
- Engineer and implement solutions and provide recommendations for continuous improvement for the services provided
- Present regular status updates and provide cross training to other DevOps team members.
- Be active in evaluating and recommending new Cloud Data Services technologies including updates to Cloud Data Services as they are released.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or related field, with 7 year’s related experience as a DBA, DevOps or systems administrator/engineer in 24X7 uptime environment. Minimum of 7+ year’s system administration experience. Expert knowledge of DBA administration and security protocols for client/server environment deployed using Cloud based IaaS and PaaS solutions on windows platforms
- Database experience with Cloud applications
- Production experience in large-scale NoSQL data infrastructures such as MongoDB, etc.
- Production experience with SQL databases such as PostgreSQL, SQL Server, SQLite, Amazon RDS, etc.
- Experience creating automation for database deployment, update, backup, recovery, testing, and maintenance
- Implement, tune and enhance functionality of database servers in an automated manner
- Work with other teams to troubleshoot data-related problems, find root-causes, implement solutions, and contribute to incident reports
- Build deployments and integrations with popular scripting languages (Bash, Powershell, Python, and/or Ruby)
- Use open-source software to build solutions, and work with the open-source community to resolve problems and improve our solutions
- Experience with big data processing tools and when to use them
- Experience working in an agile development team which requires the database design and architecture to adapt to changing business needs.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, comfortable in a transactional high-volume, high availability production environment.
- Ability to build solid relationships with team members and co-workers, possessing the desire to work in a team environment and provide benefit to the team as a whole
- Possess strong communication and presentation skills, including both written and verbal.
- Strong customer service skills, with the ability to manage multiple concurrent customer requests.
- Self-reliant, self-motivated with a “can do” attitude.
- Commitment to quality, accuracy, and reliability of services provided.
- Ability to produce and maintain accurate documentation and operational reports.
- Desire to grow and develop new skillsets, becoming involved with new technologies
- Experience with MS-Office products to build presentations using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.