Monitor Telemetry Tech AdventHealth Zephyrhills
Location Address: 7050 Gall Boulevard Zephyrhills, Florida 33541
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Zephyrhills
- FH Zeph/Dade City Named One of America’s Best Hospitals for Heart Care, Orthopedics, Stroke Centers and Patient Safety three years in a row “2017-2019” by the Women’s Choice Award
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade A Spring/Fall 2018
- One of only 35 Hospitals Nationally Named as a Top General Hospital by The Leapfrog Group
- Four Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2019 by Health grades
- First in Florida to earn Advanced Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee by The Joint Commission
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Provides indirect patient care in the critical care setting. Recognizes and communicates with physicians and other healthcare providers about changes in patients cardiac rhythm. Responds quickly and accurately to changes in the patients cardiac rhythm. Communicates with nursing staff and physicians in a timely and professional manner. Performs general clerical duties as assigned, placing consults and calls to the physicians, facilitating patient flow through the admission, discharge and transfer process. Maintains patient records, appropriate forms and files and office supplies for the department. Participates in performance improvement and CQI activities in the critical care areas. Works collaboratively with colleagues and nursing leadership to create a work environment that emphasizes learning rather than blame. Assists in promoting an atmosphere where the critical care staff can openly discuss process improvements and systems corrections without fear of reprisal.
- Observes monitors closely. Informs Registered Nurse of changes and records changes as they occur.
- Posts, analyses, and documents strips every 8 hours and PRN.
- Uses pager system and nurse call system competently.
- Keeps patient log up to date including admissions, transfers, non-telemetry, discharge and vacant bed status.
- 5.Follows Hospital Policy on confidentiality concerning patients charts and information obtained.
- Adheres to Hospital and Departmental Policies and Procedures.
What You Will Need:
- Must pass hospital EKG proficiency exam
- Ability to work well as a team member
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- High Scholl Diploma or equivalent
- CPR Certification within 90 days of hire.
- KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Completion of EKG Course Preferred
- Basic computer skills
- Word Processing