|Title||Mort Loan Originator|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Description||GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION|
Solicits residential first mortgages through contacts with Realtors, builders, and developers. Interview loan applicants and makes credit decisions
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Work with assigned branch office to ensure awareness of home loan products.
2. Handle referrals from branch office and provide appropriate follow-up.
3. Develop referral contacts (realtors, builders, professional and personal contacts).
4. Analyze financial data to determine creditworthiness.
5. Maintain knowledge of available loan products, processing procedures and underwriting guidelines.
6. Take borrower applications.
7. Utilize communication and access of daily rates, credit reports and DU responses and transmitting to processor.
8. Collect appropriate documentation from each applicant and deliver loan package to processor in a timely manner.
9. Maintain high levels of customer service while managing each applicant's and support staff's expectations.
10. Attend and participate in all lending meetings as required.
11. Complete BSA/AML training and other compliance training as necessary.
12. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
|Requirements||EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE|
Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to a four year college degree, plus 4 years related experience and/or training, and 2 years related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and understand general business/company related articles and professional journals; Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of known variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram formats.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
This position requires S.A.F.E. Act registration at the time of employment through the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS). The NMLS web site provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position.
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
Intermediate: 10-Key, Accounting
Somewhat disagreeable working conditions. Continuously exposed to one or two elements such as noise, intermittent standing, walking; and occasional pushing, carrying, or lifting.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
Semi-repetitive, low physical. Semi-repetitive type work which requires periods of concentration for varied time cycles as prescribed by the tasks.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; and occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; depth perception; and ability to adjust focus.