Growing Mortgage company is looking for a Mortgage Accounting Manager. The Mortgage Accounting Manager is responsible for the acquisition, compilation and analysis of complex mortgage accounting data for reporting on a GAAP and tax basis. This position requires a high level of knowledge of GAAP.
- Responsible for preparation of daily/monthly/quarterly mortgage accounting reports and supporting schedules including GAAP and Tax reporting to meet the needs of the asset manager, financial reporting and other customers.
- Management of 1-2 direct reports.
- Researches proper accounting treatment for complex or unusual transactions as well as new regulatory developments.
- Acts as the primary liaison for mortgage loan matters between the Investment Accounting department and Investments, Legal, Information Technology, Compliance and Operations departments and managing partners.
- Develop plans and policies to enhance existing business control processes and implement new business control processes to achieve improved operational efficiencies and greater levels of service
- Work closely with company’s operations team in the daily close process.
- Work closely with company’s management team to support their monthly and quarterly accounting close processes to enable GAAP and STAT reporting.
- Work with company’s internal controls team to maintain systems and business control processes that mitigate operational risk and meet satisfy all internal and external regulatory requirements (e.g., SOX/SOC 1) and industry standards.
- Assists with annual external audits including the preparation of work papers, analysis of data and information gathering.
The successful candidate will be an experienced senior level mortgage accountant who thrives in a fast paced and rapidly changing growth environment. This person must be willing to roll up their sleeves. The successful candidate must be credible and inspire confidence with respect to mortgage accounting and reporting matters.
Ideal qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field required.
- CPA strongly preferred and MBA or CFA also a plus.
- 10+ years of relevant finance/accounting experience along with previous staff management experience.
- Expertise in the mortgage accounting preferred
- Expertise using AMB accounting package and/or BYTE (Loan Origination System).
- Expert working knowledge of applicable GAAP and statutory accounting standards.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with executive management and other management staff as well as external vendors, service providers and other constituents.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: DOE plus benefits
Loan or Mortgage Accounting: 5 years (Required)