Weichert Financial Services is hiring a Mortgage Advisor in Monroe, NY. The Mortgage Advisor is responsible for representing the Company and originating residential mortgage loans within a designated Weichert sales office. The position develops and maintains existing customer relationships, as well as identifies new customer opportunities from various channels with the purpose of recommending a mortgage product for which the customer qualifies. The position also issues mortgage pre-approvals, stays in contact with customers during the home search or refinance process, and works closely with customers until they close their loan.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develops relationships with new and current customers, as well as realtors, builders, attorneys, and other third parties.
- Inquires into the customer's income, assets, investments, debt, credit history, prior bankruptcies, judgments and liens, as well as the characteristics of the property and other similar information in order to assess a customer's financial circumstances and determine whether the customer and the property qualify for a particular loan..
- Analyzes the customer's particular reasons for purchase or refinance, plus their financial background, and reviews the availability of all loan products that might fit the customer's needs.
- Advises the customer of the inherent risks and benefits of loan alternatives in order to recommend the most suitable product.
- Performs all steps and functions necessary to acquire, research/analyze, and approve mortgage packages to include property appraisals, credit reports, background checks, etc.
- Submits complete and accurate mortgage loan packages that provide all of the information needed to make an underwriting decision.
- Stays up-to-date on changes in market conditions that affect the Company's many loan products.
- Fields customer complaints and provides problem resolution.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Established in 1980 to offer real estate-related financial assistance to the customers of Weichert, Realtors, Weichert Financial Services leads the way in full service under one roof, supplying mortgage loans and encompassing both Weichert Insurance Agency and several title insurance companies. Weichert Financial Services is continually working to provide all the mortgage and insurance services necessary for a smooth closing. That includes developing mortgage loan programs that fill the changing needs of its customers and the real estate market. Mortgages, title searches, insurance, homeowner's warranty, and policies for homeowner's auto insurance are all part of the Gold Services Program that is just a phone call away.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Individual state loan originator license(s) required for specific states in which employee engages in any mortgage loan origination activity
- One (1) to three (3) years of retail mortgage loan origination experience preferred
- Ability to determine appropriate interest rate quote to customer and to determine maximum qualification amounts based on investor guidelines
- Ability to apply investor guidelines to specific sales situations and use discretion and judgment to recommend the most appropriate products to customers based on qualifications and needs identified by customer analysis
- Ability to set goals and divide processes into timelines
- Good problem solving skills are essential
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products and ability to quickly gain proficiency in the Company's proprietary mortgage software products
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Ability to conduct presentations and hold one-on-one meetings
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong customer service skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.