Mortgage Conventional Underwriter
If you like to work with people in a family atmosphere, enjoy great benefits and provide unequaled personal service to every customer, consider a career with Bell Bank.
Bell Bank Mortgage is backed by the financial strength of the 10th largest privately owned bank in the nation. Founded in 1966 and headquartered in Fargo, North Dakota, Bell Bank has more than $6 billion in assets and full-service banking locations in North Dakota, Minnesota and Arizona. Bell has empowered more than $14 million in charitable giving through its unique Pay It Forward initiative, through which every employee chooses each year how to help individuals, families and organizations in need.
Originally founded in 1880 by early Minneapolis civic leader David C. Bell, Bell’s mortgage division today has thousands of family mortgages to its name. Actively expanding, Bell Bank Mortgage has offices not only in the Midwest, but also in several other regions of the country.
Bell Bank has been recognized as a top workplace by American Banker, Forbes and Fortune and has been named among America’s top mortgage employers by National Mortgage Professional magazine.
If you want to work for an established, growing, forward-looking organization with world-class employees, this is the place for you. Let Bell Bank Mortgage be your destination workplace.
As stewards, dedicated to the growth and reputation of this independently owned organization, we are committed to:
* Promoting and sustaining our family atmosphere.
* Providing unequaled personal service to each and every customer.
* “Paying it forward” by giving back to the communities we serve.
Our Bottom Line:
Happy Employees! Happy Customers!
This position completes underwriting reviews in accordance with Conventional Credit and Appraisal Guidelines and special investor overlays in a timely manner, ensuring compliance, quality and meeting closing schedules. This position counsels production and processing staff as related to current and proposed loan submissions.
* Underwrite loan submissions in accordance with all handbooks, mortgage letters and investor guidelines.
* Respond to investor audits and to defend unfavorable reviews or audits.
* Work with Bell production staff in defining guidelines and discussing and/or reviewing appraisals/credit submissions.
* Review appraisals, validate the estimated value, and add required repairs in accordance with applicable guidelines.
* Complete all underwriting reviews in a timely manner, ensuring compliance and meeting the proposed closing schedules.
* Ensure that Bell Bank Mortgage, as a part of Bell Bank, maintains our delegation and reputation as a trusted mortgage lender.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Skills Required:
* 4 years of recent conventional underwriting experience required.
* Knowledge and understanding of all conventional guidelines, conforming and non-conforming as related to the underwriting and delivery of a quality loan product.
* Ability to underwrite all levels of conventional loan submissions and to independently make prudent lending decisions based on regulations and guidelines.
* Ability to function efficiently and effectively under deadlines and stress while maintaining a professional and mature profile.
* Ability to work extremely well with internal and external customers using excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Self-motivated to research and problem solve.
Bell Bank Mortgage provides competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
Bell Bank Mortgage
Equal Opportunity Employer